VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:43 AM

Default Punctuation when dealing with track titles

Hi, I'm going to fix the Japanese tracklists as I just go about my own collection (since I typically use the original Japanese tracknames for tags and such). I'd just like to be clear on VGMdb's conventions, if there are any accepted conventions, for things such as punctuation. There is a difference between a 1 and a 1, an ! and an !, etc. Even ellipses can be written as ... or ・・・ or … so which font is preferred?

Personally, I would use the standard Roman font when dealing with Roman characters (mostly in English), while if it was in Japanese, I would use the Japanese punctuation symbols. Some examples:

ブラッドプール~カサンドラ (used Japanese wavedash)
本当に子供なんだから…。 (used Japanese ellipses and full stop)
戦い2(UNRELEASED TRACK) (used Japanese "2" but Roman parentheses to enclose Roman font)
砂の城-The Castle of Sand- (used Roman dashes to enclose Roman font)

This is how I would do it personally, but if you have a perferred method, you could just let me know about it before I do it some other way. It's just to have a consistency at least in what I do, and perhaps creating a standard, since I might as well make corrections when I find errors.