VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:59 AM

Default Would you?

Sold a soundtrack on ebay today for £200, problem is the guy only created his ebay account today and therefore has 0 feedback. I've seen this kind of stuff before and I am seriously concerned about it.
Would you guys cancel the transaction and lose the sale / wait for someone you feel you can trust more OR have faith in humanity.

Cheers
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:48 PM

Well are you concerned that a buyer will pull a fast one on you by "item not received" to get a refund or are you concerned that he will simply never pay and it will be a waste of time? To avoid waiting for payment that never happens I think it's possible to set an auction for a required immediate payment. As for "item no received" the shipping method should protect you from that scam, no? A signature will be a requirement. And I guess you wouldn't sell an expensive item with shipping option that doesn't require confirmation of delivery.
Yes the fact that account was created on a day of purchase is dodgy. But the system gives you options to be protected. In worst case scenario you lose time. But for the future you can put in settings that no 0 feedback buyers can buy your items.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 02:31 PM

I've actually had the exact same thing happen to me on eBay - buyer's account had just been created that day - and the listing was valued at almost twice that amount. I had no problems, so no, I wouldn't cancel the sale. Do what MiLO said and require a signature. I did the same thing, and also like MiLO said, if it's worth that much then there's no way you should not be requiring a signature anyway. The package has tracking too, does it not?

A lot of people aren't into the eBay thing, but they finally see something they just have to get and can't find it anywhere else, so they create an account just to buy it. This could be one of those cases. Of course if you're really paranoid about it and are going to lose hair and sleep over it until the time window your buyer can dispute the purchase elapses, don't do it.