VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Since they're part of the tracknames, could someone add in the info in the parentheses into the Japanese tracklist? All the mission info and other stuff wasn't included for whatever reason. Many thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:05 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Alright, fixed the japanese tracklist. For some reason there's a middle dot in the katakana for "ending theme", but it's not present for "opening theme".
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Wikipedia lists track 11 as follows:
"Miracle of the Twin Dragons" (After the Battle) (双龍の奇跡(戦いを終えて), Sōryū no Kiseki (Tatakai o Oete))

Note the translation for "Tatakai o Oete" as "After the Battle." Although the music plays during the first half of the ending, I don't think it's technically a correct translation. I think it should be "Finish the Battle", since Oete is the -te form of Owaru (to end/finish), though that gives a few possibilities.

Finishing the Battle - continuation of an action (Oete imasu -> Oete) "is finishing"
I (we) Finish the Battle and ... - connective in a compound sentence "finishes and..."
Finish the Battle - shortened form of a polite command (Oete kudasai -> Oete) "please finish for me"

Of course none of those are anything like "After the Battle", but for some reason a number of people are proponents of that translation.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this translation. In the meantime, please leave the current tracklist edit in the moderation queue.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:52 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The particle "wo" makes it clear enough, it should be "Finish the Battle". "After the Battle" would fit if it were something like "tatakai wo oete kara", in that case the action is implied.

Although considering the context "End the Fighting" would be closer in meaning.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Cool, we'll go with that. Thanks for clearing it up.
Old May 24, 2009, 12:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

A brand new copy available on YJ [Sample Edition]

On this auction the title reported 双載龍 where the second kanji differs from the one written on this site 双截龍. Which is the corrected one?
Old May 24, 2009, 01:04 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You could check the Tracklist scan which shows the title in non stylized print. The kanji on this site is correct.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 04:22 AM
VGMdb Staff

Is it correct linking this soundtrack to the arcade version?
Some tracks of Nes version ("Roar of the Twin Dragons" for example) are not available on the arcade version and also booklet shown only the NES port.
There was a site on the net that comparized all the musics between all the DDII ports, but I don't find it no more.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 07:06 AM
Trusted Editor

All of the Meldac MECG albums (MECG-2800X) should refer to the NES games, except MECG-28006.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:16 AM

I want to ask a little thing to you guys. I'm trying to learn who is musician of PC Engine version of DD2 but i don't know Japanese. I took a screenshot credits screen, so can some tell me who is it please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD2 sound.JPG (10.7 KB, 7 views)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:26 AM
VGMdb Administrator

It looks like Hiroyuki Togo (藤後浩之).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:36 AM

Wow really? That was quick! Thanx so much man!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
There was a site on the net that comparized all the musics between all the DDII ports, but I don't find it no more.
Game Kommander has a comparison chart between the soundtrack itself and the arcade and Famicom versions.
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/hzk/kommander/ddamusic.html

Almost all of the music from the arcade version was actually in the Famicom version (except for the third boss theme, which is disappointing for me since that was my favorite tune in the arcade game), but the Famicom version has many tunes that were specifically composed for it (including the final boss theme). The soundtrack doesn't even cover all of the music from the Famicom version, since it's missing some of the boss themes.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 06:35 AM

The price of this CD is interestingly stable. Back in 2001 or 2002, I found this CD in fair condition for $150. It was missing the obi and sticker. Just recently, I found one in complete condition for $150. That's impressive, for two reasons. First, the SALE price has decreased (accounting for inflation and condition). Second, the ASKING prices for this album are currently 40,000 yen (Amazon Japan) and 45,000 yen (Yahoo Japan). To find an album like this in a sea of profiteers for a lower price than what they're asking is no easy task. It requires considerable patience.

If I were in charge of the used marketplace of video game music, I would start a process for determining what old CDs are actually worth. No seller would be allowed to "make up" a price. Any "buy it now" prices would have to be based on what CDs actually sell for. So, for a long time, all "buy it now" auctions would be ceased. During the cease, sellers would be required to start the bidding at 1,000 yen for any album, regardless of popularity or rarity. Heavily damaged CDs would be exempt from the 1,000 yen start price and would be permitted to start at 1 yen.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 02:31 AM
Trusted Editor

So you grabbed the one on Yahoo for 17,300 Yen?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodo Kast View Post
If I were in charge of the used marketplace of video game music, I would start a process for determining what old CDs are actually worth. No seller would be allowed to "make up" a price. Any "buy it now" prices would have to be based on what CDs actually sell for. So, for a long time, all "buy it now" auctions would be ceased. During the cease, sellers would be required to start the bidding at 1,000 yen for any album, regardless of popularity or rarity. Heavily damaged CDs would be exempt from the 1,000 yen start price and would be permitted to start at 1 yen.
MUST. CRUSH. CAPITALISM.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
So you grabbed the one on Yahoo for 17,300 Yen?
Yes, that was me. I expected to get blasted, since the asking prices are so high. But now we have a better idea of what it's really worth.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:32 PM
Trusted Editor

Well, so I was the one that raised your final price ^^; Sorry for that, didn't know someone was interested here too. ~150€ is the maximum I want to pay for this soundtrack. But it doesn't seem to be enough...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Well, so I was the one that raised your final price ^^; Sorry for that, didn't know someone was interested here too. ~150€ is the maximum I want to pay for this soundtrack. But it doesn't seem to be enough...
To avoid this problem in the future, I'll send you a list of my high priority albums. It's pretty small, but if we both know what we want, we can avoid making each other pay more.