VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:17 PM

Where does the Minae Fujii arrangement credit come from? The liner notes?

Also, I was looking through Yoko Shimomura's website, and she has this little blurb in regards to this soundtrack:

※「キング オブ ドラゴンズ」オリジナル音源+アレンジ1曲を収録

Babelfish'd:

* Recording “[kinguobudoragonzu]” original sound source + arrangement 1 tune

So, to be clear, is she saying that she arranged the King of Dragons track specifically, or does she not specify?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen1984 View Post
Where does the Minae Fujii arrangement credit come from? The liner notes?
Page 10, last line (as "Ojal")

Also this: http://cyber-capcom.blogspot.com/200...1_archive.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen1984 View Post
Also, I was looking through Yoko Shimomura's website, and she has this little blurb in regards to this soundtrack:

※「キング オブ ドラゴンズ」オリジナル音源+アレンジ1曲を収録

Babelfish'd:

* Recording “[kinguobudoragonzu]” original sound source + arrangement 1 tune

So, to be clear, is she saying that she arranged the King of Dragons track specifically, or does she not specify?
the 1 tune is in fact referring specifically to the arrange version. I brought this up for GSM Capcom 4 and 3 (for SFII and Final Fight, respectively) that Yoko also listed, but this reminded me that I never got an answer.

Time to fix that.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Apr 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:34 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ugh, just noticed "Chiyoma~ge" now. ちよま~げ is just "T. Yomage" in hiragana, it's not really a different name for Izutani.

Last edited by CHz; Apr 5, 2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: why did I put that quotation mark there I am dumb
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:14 PM

Where is it ever said that Syun Nishigaki ever had any part in this game's soundtrack? I never heard anything like that until this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T61ArRLLHY

According to this video, Syun was involved with this game's OST. Any evidence that he actually was or is he confusing it with something else?

Last edited by HarukameiKasumo; Jan 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, the game's credits are ambiguous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVQfCx3Ct0#t=6m54s.

Quote:
Sound: T Yomage
& Sound Sub: SYUN
So if all he's familiar with are the credits and not our album page here, that could explain why. Based on the notes here, it seems that the Izutani's liner notes in this album indicate he was the sole composer.

In any case, I'd recommend not getting too worked up about composer credits on YouTube.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:22 AM

I'm not, i am just wondering where it might have come from. :P
Old Aug 5, 2020, 09:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Randomly just found an interview where Yoko Shimomura said Yuki Iwai and Syun Nishigaki also contributed to The King of Dragons, as part of Capcom's onboarding policy where newcomers worked as sub-composers to help get their feet wet: https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articl...news122_2.html

Quote:
―― 個人的に気になっていたのですが、ストIIのステージ曲ってほぼ全て下村さんが手掛けられていますけど、サ ガットステージ(他、システムBGM2曲)は阿部功さんの曲ですよね。これってなぜなんですか?

下村 なんてことはないんですけど、当時カプコンでは新入社員は誰かのサブで付いて何曲か担当することになってい たんです。作曲方法や企画の人とのやりとりを覚えてもらって、独り立ちするみたいな。それで私は阿部くんと 組んだというわけです。やり方を教えながら何曲か書いてもらって、企画の人にOKをもらったのが、その3曲 でした。そのあと発表した「ザ・キングオブドラゴンズ」も同じで、新人だったころの里村(由紀)さん(現在 は岩井由紀)と西垣(俊)くんと私の3人で作りました。