VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 7, 2008, 02:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor

According to this page, this is the specific performer listing

柴田直人<b, g>
太田カツ<g>
斉藤和正<g>
工藤恭司<g>
盛山浩一<syn>

http://japanesemetal.gooside.com/ind...ction_4_va.htm

Some of them seem to be covered under the Naoto Shibata Project, but others like synth operator Koichi Seiyama (now part of A.S.H.) are left out...

Last edited by Carl; Dec 7, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I don't know the series enough to evaluate these tracklist edits based on recent discussions. They are:

The Nest --> Den
In the Castle --> Ascension to the Castle
Illusionary Dance --> Dance of Illusions
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:18 PM
VGMdb Staff

'Den' is just a better translation and also more representative of the stage in question.

'Ascension to the Castle' is perhaps not perfectly true to the original meaning but works well in the context of the stage, since you do a lot of ascending in it and at the end you enter the castle.

Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions are pretty much the same thing so either should be fine.
Old May 28, 2010, 03:05 AM

Would anyone be kind enough to translate this sticker at the back of my copy? First time I see a NFR sticker that looks like this.

Thanks in advance!

Old Jun 26, 2011, 03:28 PM

Could someone post scans of higher quality? It sucks that the best versions on the net are 400px at best.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Would anyone be kind enough to translate this sticker at the back of my copy? First time I see a NFR sticker that looks like this.

Thanks in advance!

Only think I can make out is "Compact Disc" and after more kanji the rest of the katakana says "Promotion".

As with many of these stickers over the barcode, it's a sample copy given to shops to enable previewing or maybe even critics, not made to be sold at retailers. I have a few of these non-VGM but have never been able to tell if a sampler pressing is more sought after in the universal collecting world. My guess is no even though it seemingly should be.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
Sample disc: This compact disc is used for product promotions so please refrain from hiring it out to third-parties, [something] etc...
Old May 12, 2019, 07:47 AM

Couldn't the note about track two ("Theme Of Simon") also be extended to "Beginnning"? "Beginning" is listed as being from Rondo Of Blood but if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it first introduced in Castlevania III?
Old May 12, 2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans II View Post
Couldn't the note about track two ("Theme Of Simon") also be extended to "Beginnning"? "Beginning" is listed as being from Rondo Of Blood but if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it first introduced in Castlevania III?
Yeah. I'm thinking that maybe for this album they just decided to credit whatever game the music most recently appeared in. The version of "Beginning" here doesn't even seem to be based off the Rondo version. It's more or less a slightly updated version of the arrangement from Dracula Battle I.

EDIT: I'm thinking now that they probably just messed up, as Konami did with many of these releases. Dracula Battle I confused Slash with Op. 13 and Snatcher Battle's tracklist miscredited a track as well.

Last edited by Aifread; May 14, 2019 at 09:00 PM.