VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:58 AM

Default Misplaced tracks on VGM soundtracks

Thought it would be interesting to make sorta of list of albums which have these kinds of errors. I am sure composers and other stuff members intended when doing soundtrack that the tracks itself follow some kinda linear fashion which is also familiar to the gamer who have played that said game. Well as a sorta HC gamer there quite a few typos here and there and question sorta rises should this track really be here and so on. Here are my examples which I have discovered.

Demon's Souls Original Soundtrack (BLUS-30443CE)
This one comes as a misnamed and misplaced track. Track 19 is named Armor Spider which actually is a in game music for track 21 Dragon God and the Dragon God itself is the BGM for Armor Spider. Tracks should just switch places and names.

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Original Soundtrack (GFCA-32~3)
This one has misplaced tracks. Tracks 10 & 11 and represent the garden level in this game and the track 12 Death Flower Succubus is not the boss for this level as it should be track 23 Snake Head Medusa. Therefore tracks 12 & 23 should be just switched and the order is complete.

If anyone else has stumbled upon more of these mishaps tell and share.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:05 AM

First two tracks on http://vgmdb.net/album/312

I haven't played the game, but unless it requires you to physically bend the space-time continuum...
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:42 PM

Dude, if you're talking about misplaced tracks on soundtracks, look no further than the Rockman 7 and 8 discs by Team Entertainment. The track placement (like having the boss appearance music come after the actual boss music on the 8 disc) is a disgrace. You think they could get something like that right by using the X1~6 box as an example, but no....
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:22 AM

There is also Salamander Arcade Soundtrack (KOLA-030) and Salamander 2 Original Game Soundtrack (KICA-7695) which have tracks Planet Ratis and Last Exit misnamed. At least they are right on Salamander ~Again~ (KICA-7905) album how they should be.

Why they managed to mess it up two times is beyond me.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:17 AM

Whoever put Metal Gear 2 together either misnamed so many tracks or the programmers themselves put the music in the wrong spots in the first place:

09 Tears - this is near the end of the game! What the hell is it doing at #9 (of 37)

12 Shallow (Swamp BGM) - this doesn't actually play at all at the swamp, this plays on the second floor of the first building, &...

16 Imminent (Alert Mode 1 Part 5) - plays at the swamp

17 Night Fall (Conversation Demo <Schneider>) - this does not play when you are talking to Schneider; it plays when you are talking to Holly (my favorite track by the way)

31 Spiral (Battle on the Spiral Staircase) - the biggest one; this actually plays when escaping Zanzibarland, &...

32 Escape (Escape BGM) - plays when on the staircase

I'm pretty sure there are more on this album (in fact, I'm real sure there are, but those are the obvious ones)