VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 9, 2009, 09:52 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)
Default Games Without Soundtracks

Sup all.

I was just thinking of discussing some awesome Video Game Music that has not yet received an official soundtrack release.

First up is some music that I've been obsessed with for quite awhile and I feel that it definitely deserves a soundtrack release: Mega Man Network Transmission. The music for this game was composed/remixed by Shinji Hosoe, Ayako Saso and Yosuke Yasui and most of the songs are techno style with some rock infusions, there are some industrial styles too.

I hope that the following link is alright to post here, but for those of you that have never heard the music to this game, here's where you can listen to the entire game rip: The Mega Man Network. My favorite songs from this game are: VS. Zero, Abnormal Gravity Area - GravityMan Stage, Garden System - NeedleMan Stage, Power Plant - ElecMan Stage, Zero Account - Zero Stage, Internet Area - Basic Stage, Relaxation, VS. Life Virus R, Blazing Internet - FireMan Stage, and Old Generation Area - SwordMan Stage.

I wonder why other Rockman/Mega Man games received a soundtrack release but not this one with all of its great music. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the game itself wasn't all too popular, although, I have read several game reviews that almost always highlight the music to this game as being "catchy" and 'the best part of the game'. For me personally, I can't think of a single Rockman title that sounds as catchy as Network Transmission other then, possibly, Rockman 8 Metal Heroes Original Soundtrack.

Several months ago, I posted in the "Other Soundtracks That You Want Published" thread on the Cocoebiz Forum (here) requesting that this music be published, but that was a long time ago and I don't think that many persons were interested in that time.

So anyway, that was my input on this music, feel free to continue the discussion or discuss about other Video Game Music that you think is worthy of a soundtrack. Cyaz.

- KeyLogic

One man was smart, he felt smart. Two men were smart, they smelt farrr...darn it! I'll never get it right.

What is "the box" that people are supposed to think outside of anyway? Hmm. Maybe it's similar to the Borg from Star Trek who dwelled as a collective hive-mind within a...box/cube. Those that deviated from this hive-mind would, in effect, be thinking outside of the box. it has both a figurative and a literal meaning.