VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:32 AM

Is there a track by track composer breakdown for this? Seems odd that they would leave it out in just this one and not the others.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:33 AM

There is, it's in the booklet. Do you want me to upload scans?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:38 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Sure, we could definitely use a set of scans for this album.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:31 PM

I changed "Geechis" to "Goetis" because (1) "Geechis" is just unattractive, and (2) "Geotis" comes from "goetia", which would fit in with the mystical theme naming that the rest of the sages have.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:36 PM

I haven't had time to upload scans at the moment, I got a massive workload to clear at the moment.
Sorry 'bout that. Should have 'em up, at worst, in a few days time.

EDIT: ... And they're up. Please have a look!

Last edited by blaze0041; Nov 3, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 05:38 AM

Ah, there were live instruments in the remixes. A first for the series. Very nice.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:27 PM

A quick summary of the changes I made to the tracklist:
(1) Some are just personal preference. Change them back if you wish.
(2) The "Sentou! Blank" to "Blank Battle!" is a translation scheme taken from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, as is changing middle dots (・) to forward slashes (/).
(3) The booklet says "To Each Future", so I'm using that for "Sorezore no mirai e".
(4) The booklet and the game imply that 1-38 only refers to N (i.e. a single person) so I've adjusted the translation as such.
(5) Ryuurasen is in katakana, which is why I changed it from Dragon Spiral. I don't mind anyone reverting that one since deciding to translate that one or simply transliterate it goes either in my eyes, at least.
(6) Some changes are just for consistency regarding Japanese names vs. English names.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:42 PM

Any translations to the interviews? I really wanna see the one for Go Ichinose
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:32 AM

Was it really necessary to change the "Sentou! Blank" into "Blank Battle!"? I mean, VGMdb always kept the usual "Battle! Blank" with the other pokémon soundtracks, why shouldn't we do the same with this one?

I'd also have objections about the middle dots removing, since one of the purposes of the literal translation has always been to keep the original punctuation.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 06:03 AM

Prisoner to a Formula? Now that's an engrish translation if I ever saw one, good job TPCi
Old Feb 1, 2021, 06:12 AM

数式に囚われた者 | Prisoner to a Formula

I don't really see anything wrong with this. Prisoner is being used figuratively as in "prisoner of one's own mind," just as the verb is being used figuratively in Japanese. Formula here means numerical formula.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 03:16 AM

Why were the entries of the digital iTunes releases of the Pokémon Black & Pokémon White Super Music Collection, the Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 Super Music Collection as well as the Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire Super Music Collection removed from the database? I mean the tracks are identical with the Japanese CD releases and the official English tracklist has also been imported to all CD entries, so it isn't too much of a loss, but seeing as every single other digital iTunes release retains its separate entry, I am a bit puzzled. I know for certain that those three also had an entry on the VGMDB before, they have unique cover art, release dates and are for all intents & purposes separate releases after all.