VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 23, 2013, 09:39 AM

Does anyone know if this is the complete 2 disc soundtrack?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:07 PM

Strangely enough this album doesn't display any related albums even though they all bound to the same game: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy on 3DS.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:44 PM

because other albums have "bravely default" and this one had "bravely default: flying fairy" in products represented field
Old Feb 7, 2014, 01:46 PM

if this came to europe.... how come I have not yet seen it on sale?
Portugal... the game is supposed to be around my country somewhere, but ... the only way to get the game is digital. I want the physical thing. And it is not on sale anywhere. How stupid is that??? 0.o
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

should we put [mini album] after the title as that's how it appears on the tray/spine/disc?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 01:13 PM
VGMdb Staff

I wasn't really considering it part of the title. Just like how I'd ignore [single] or [album] or some other classification that was printed after a title in brackets.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:39 PM

I'd argue for its inclusion (at the least, in the "Original" field), since "Bravely Default Original Soundtrack" suggests more than ten tracks.

As well, how shall the Bravely Second mini album be handled?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:07 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This same exact edit was reverted the last time you did it, and I doubt the opinion on it has changed in the meantime. Also the display title should be in all caps as it appears on the media (I guess, since we don't have scans).

Bravely Second mini album should be the same.

Last edited by Illidan; Jan 25, 2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 05:19 AM
VGMdb Staff

To be honest, "mini album" is more informative about the contents nature and if it appears everywhere (disc, tray, spine), well... Bravely Second (Japanese) enclosure has Mini in its title already but it wasn't removed because there are no brackets I guess...

It's useful info IMHO although not a biggie.

Last edited by Efendija; Jan 26, 2016 at 05:31 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:57 PM

Ah, sorry about duplication; it's familiar, but my memory's terribad.

I'd argue that at least having "BRAVELY DEFAULT Original Soundtrack [mini album]" in the Original field helps searches for these releases, compared to the full albums.

As for packaging, the North American Collector's Edition has "Bravely Default Original Soundtrack [mini album]" under the "Set Includes" breakdown (okay, so "[mini album]" is line-broken under the main title), and this same capitalization and...bracketeering is on the front-facing tray, both spines, and the disc.

So, I'd prefer "[mini album]" be in the display name, for consistency and accuracy of the product, but I insist it at least be in the Original field. I'll hold off on making the edit until the OK is given.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 02:10 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Putting it in the original field doesn't really help with searches since you still have to open the album to see it.
In any case I'm fine either way, I was just going by what Secret Squirrel did in the past so I assume we have some sort of guideline regarding these, roughly what nextday said. I'll send him a PM to see if he can clarify this.

Regarding the capitalization, so it never appears as BRAVELY DEFAULT anywhere on the disc itself? In that case it should be changed.

Last edited by Illidan; Jan 28, 2016 at 02:17 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:38 AM
VGMdb Staff

Added some scans from Mobygames.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Regarding the capitalization, so it never appears as BRAVELY DEFAULT anywhere on the disc itself? In that case it should be changed.
More that it's only standard capitalization on the Collector's Edition's exterior. The disc and its inserts all use "BRAVELY DEFAULT", even in the message from Revo...both the original text and the translation.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:05 PM

I don't know if this would warrant a second entry for this album, but I thought this might be interesting:

http://soundtrackcentral.com/questio...and-se/ps85953

I posted scans on Discogs of this supposed version of the mini album. Check out the Yellow sticker on the back cover.

If you do indeed think this could warrant a second data base entry I can provide the scans.