VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:08 PM

Default Submission of Disc ID(s) - How and when to do it?

Hello, sorry to bother, but I'd like to have some clarification on this matter, because I'm a bit confused.

The screen above comes from the "Edit Album Info" page for [SQEX-10776~82] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Original Soundtrack; the DISC ID field for all seven CDs appears empty on my end, well, if someone wanted to contribute such information for a couple of albums, how would he/she go about it?

Do we first fill in the information for the amount of CDs, before clicking "add", or it's best to leave such stuff alone, in case the album/page already had freedb lookups? Lastly, what should one provide as valid source for such submission in the comment field? Complete copy-pastes of the .cue files' contents? Log files, link to photos showing we own the actual thing?

Thanks for reading.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Jan 20, 2023 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Forgot a "?" in the title, yay me.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 12:48 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
if someone wanted to contribute such information for a couple of albums, how would he/she go about it?
I should be able to help you out with that bit sir, being one who’s submitted as well as erased a lot of disc ID’s throughout the site (before being promoted).
First, editing the disc ID is a separate block from main album page edits such as notes, credits, and tracklists, so it would not depend on any of these blocks to be submitted.
Second, you don’t have to post cue sheets or log files, it can be determined whether it’s accurate or not by converting the last two hexadecimal digits in the Disc ID to decimal values. If it matches the tracklist number/toc of the disc then it’s accurate, if not then it isn’t.
However, this information can only be gotten via a program that makes proper cue sheets such as EAC, CueRipper, or XLD (something that a certain user whose numerous incorrect disc ID submissions I’ve either replaced or updated so far didn’t seem to get at the time), nothing else. Especially if it gives the wrong hex digits.
In which case you mention that you got it from a cue sheet made with any of the programs in question (properly configured of course).
Old Jan 21, 2023, 01:07 AM

Thank you so much for the information. I've been using Exact Audio Copy V1.6 for a while to create my rips, so that's one thing to cross out. DISC IDs for that REMAKE and Fate/Apocrypha soundtracks match, so, I'll start by adding those.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Jan 21, 2023 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Answered myself