VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 9, 2015, 09:45 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Changed track 3 composer to SUPER NOVA (from jasrac/various shops). If you have a source where it says it's Takamune Negishi let me know.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:40 PM

Uau!! I just a did search on it, and I'm sure sources from... 4 years ago, maybe, all said track 3 was Takamune Negishi, and not super nova.- This is the first time I ever saw that name in the music credits of this album.
That "super nova" composer name is now everywhere.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 02:08 PM
Trusted Editor

樺島卓子 = Takako Kabashima
http://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/577813/

About this release, it's an image album not for "The Five Star Stories" but for Nagano's first manga "FOOL for THE CITY" (yes, should be written like that, as stated on the manga cover).

SUPER NOVA (スーパーノヴァ) is a music band of this manga, the main protagonists of the story. Think something like Fire Bomber in Macross 7 and you get the idea.

Same as "Let's Fire" is credited as Fire Bomber's first album, SUPER NOVA is credited for being the band behind this album.
On the original advertisement for this release, they are credited for the whole performance (演奏) and Maria Kawamura on vocal (even if the band has its own female singer)
http://40.media.tumblr.com/0cad6b414...609o1_1280.jpg

The back covers of all 1987 releases (LP, cassette, CD) never gave any credits for composer/arranger/singer, only track titles.
On the LP insert sheet though, the credits breakdown is given (and like most of Nagano's image albums, in English)
http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...mg57061376.jpg
Of course track 3 may not have been composed/played by a fictional band like SUPER NOVA, but that's all we got for it.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the details, fixed
Old Jan 2, 2020, 05:38 PM
Trusted Editor

So, made credits according to insert sheet credits of this release + FOOL for THE CITY for uncredited artists.

Between the 2 releases you'll notice that there is a discrepancy for the keyboardist's name romanization of the track "FLYING": Takafumi on LP, Takefumi on Single