VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:09 PM

It seems that nobody has paid much attention to this album, because there were some inaccuracies in the information submitted.

First, N響団友オーケストラ is the orchestra mentioned in the back scan. It goes without saying that this formation is not the usual NHK Symphony Orchestra, so it's better not to mix them up.

Without better scans, I can't be completely sure about this, but I highly doubt that the current title of the album is correct. I mean, the most widespread title for this album is simply "桃太郎電蓄II 古典的名盤" and, evidently, there is nothing written there that can be translated as "Hudson Soft Orchestra". I don't know what's the source for that part of the title but I think it's just an error.

Anyway, a full set of scans would be of great help...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
Without better scans, I can't be completely sure about this, but I highly doubt that the current title of the album is correct. I mean, the most widespread title for this album is simply "桃太郎電蓄II 古典的名盤" and, evidently, there is nothing written there that can be translated as "Hudson Soft Orchestra". I don't know what's the source for that part of the title but I think it's just an error.
Yeah, I don't see "Hudson Soft Orchestra" on the obi, and Hudson Game Music Best doesn't include that in the album's title on the discography page. I really hope that someone didn't just make it up, so my guess is that it appears somewhere in the booklet and someone decided to include it in the title.

I'm 100% okay with getting rid of it until evidence warrants its inclusion.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I found two photos of the obi, if it helps.