VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:57 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I rolled back an edit changing the word order in the title. The title now matches the Front & Obi scan.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 06:42 PM

I feel the English title of this album has to be Flame Ar tonelico II Hymmnos Concert Side Crimson, give or take tildes (while the Romaji title is Homura Ar tonelico II Hymmnos Concert Side Crimson Aka) because the '~ホムラ' part works the essentially same as the furigana of '焔' and it doesn't make much sense to translate both words in English. It's just my personal impression on the seemingly settled title, but the same applies to other three (and perhaps the two more upcoming) Hymmnos albums, and some tracks in these albums, for that matter.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:38 AM

Where does the second ~ come from surrounding the kana readings? On these Ar tonelico II albums I see 澪 ~ミオ and 焔 ~ホムラ, but never two tildes. I see this everywhere on the album and even on the official website. This could also go for other Ar tonelico Hymmnos concert albums but I haven't checked them. Is the second one just a convention or should we change it to one as it's written?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:54 AM

I removed the second tilde. Also, while the current classification is Arrangement alone, aren't these songs basically used in the game, as with the case of other Hymmnos albums? I keep only "Vocal" until somebody familiar with the game clears it up.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
I removed the second tilde. Also, while the current classification is Arrangement alone, aren't these songs basically used in the game, as with the case of other Hymmnos albums? I keep only "Vocal" until somebody familiar with the game clears it up.
The album does contain part of the Hymmnos songs used in Ar tonelico II, but it also contains an instrumental and two vocal image tracks, all original but related to the game, that aren't found anywhere else.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:10 PM

Thanks, so if an extra classification is added, it would be "Original Soundtrack" or "Image/Prototype". I removed "Arrangement" from other hymmnos albums for now.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 08:25 PM
Trusted Editor

I found from the booklet that the two entries(Tsuyoshi Kabaya, Kotomin) are not included in the People of the World(M-06) unlike KDSD-10027~8.

Last edited by whatkind; Jul 18, 2016 at 08:30 PM.