VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 11, 2016, 12:05 AM

The project seems to aim for one hour of orchestra recordings, and the stretch goals go as far as two more extra tracks, so I guess it's been tailored for a double LP length.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 05:46 AM

Just got this set today in the mail - very pleasant surprise! And by the looks of it a great set it is. Wonderful package!

Btw, interesting CD case - never have seen one like this before, especially the way to hold the booklet seems unusual.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 09:50 AM
Trusted Editor

The case is known as the Super Jewel Box and have actually been used for more than 10 years. It was commonly used by some major labels for a while, but I don't see them too often anymore.

IIRC it was intended to be the standard for CDs and replace the regular jewel case due to being somewhat more sturdy. It only caught on with certain labels (like Universal), so it never really became the standard.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:45 AM

Probably more expensive to produce than the ones we are used to.
In any case, that's the first (and probably last) that ended up in my collection. Thanks for the infos!

I remember back in the days when DVDs where brand new they had jewel cases too - which I liked a lot, but that didn't became standart either. And only one DVD with a jewel case ended up in my collection, which was "The Fifth Element".
Old Apr 11, 2017, 06:33 AM

The super jewel case is also used in the first press of Huelsbeck's Symphonic Shades. The reprint is a regular cd case.