VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 25, 2010, 05:58 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't know much about this guy, HARDCORE TANO*C .. and the huge number of work albums (hardcore style music?) ....

But, what is the reason for this guy & this kind of albums (ex: here, here, there..) to be on the database?
Are there any relation to VGM ?
I mean.. look at the discography, can anyone explain ?
(again, i am not familiar with this kind of artists.. and would be glad to know more about the whole thing / "hardcore phenomena ?")

Last edited by Myrkul; Feb 25, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not too familiar with that scene myself, but certain albums do "sampling" from game or anime products. Since those aren't exactly arrangements, they're not categorized or linked as such.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 07:10 PM

The main thing is this scene and the doujin arrangement scene overlap a lot, there are many who are heavily involved in both which is why (from my understanding) it was considered fair to include their original work. Also, some time ago Blah told me that it was ok for works albums to be added as long as they either have arrangements or the artists are involved in arrangements elsewhere (if you find some that don't meet this criteria you're free to point them out.) In the case of kenta-v.ez. he has worked alongside VGM artists (collaborated with, even) and arrangers, if that counts for anything.