VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:13 AM

Should this be listed as a reprint of Dairantou Smash Brothers DX Orchestra Concert? The tracklists are identical and the US version was released 2 years after the Japanese version. Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2008, 02:23 PM

Is there even an entry for the American version? I didn't find one, and the scans for the one you're discussing are different from what I have.

Here are the scans from mine. It's also a Nintendo Power promo, except it was actually included inside one of the issues of the magazine.

http://basil.kg13.com/01%20Slipcover%20-%20Front.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/02%20Slipcover%20-%20Back.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/03%20CD.jpg
Old Jul 1, 2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Kirby2 View Post
Is there even an entry for the American version? I didn't find one, and the scans for the one you're discussing are different from what I have.

Here are the scans from mine. It's also a Nintendo Power promo, except it was actually included inside one of the issues of the magazine.

http://basil.kg13.com/01%20Slipcover%20-%20Front.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/02%20Slipcover%20-%20Back.jpg
http://basil.kg13.com/03%20CD.jpg
Actually, I meant to type US instead of UK, but regardless both the US & UK versions are reprints of the Japanese version. I'll go ahead and use your scans to add the entry for the US version
Old Jul 2, 2008, 02:42 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So all three of these Smashing Live albums are all the same then? Would anyone be able to sort out why this one, which would be the parent has a slightly different set of artists? I typically unlink the artists on the later printings, because that's taken care of by the parent.

Also, I should probably tell you that you can add reprints by going to an album's edit menu, and selecting "Add Child Album." That description is a bit cryptic, but it's more general.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So all three of these Smashing Live albums are all the same then? Would anyone be able to sort out why this one, which would be the parent has a slightly different set of artists? I typically unlink the artists on the later printings, because that's taken care of by the parent.

Also, I should probably tell you that you can add reprints by going to an album's edit menu, and selecting "Add Child Album." That description is a bit cryptic, but it's more general.
I'm not sure why the composers are different between the 3 releases, but the tracklists are exactly the same. I had already added the US version of the soundtrack, so I guess the US & European versions will need to be manually set as alternate releases of the original Japanese release.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:07 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'd forgotten about this, but I've just hooked up these 3 albums, taking the most comprehensive set of composers from the parent album.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:52 PM
Trusted Editor

Wow, Koji actually composed on Star Fox 64? I swore I read he only did SFX.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:12 PM

Koji did a few tracks, yeah. You can look it up on the soundtrack's entry, though I don't know where the specific breakdown comes from. However, the credits list Koji Kondo as well as Hajime Wakai under MUSIC, so it seems safe to say that his music credit is legitimate.

Perhaps you're thinking of something you read about the original Star Fox game? MobyGames' entry confirms it.

Last edited by Hellacia; Nov 20, 2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Koji did a few tracks, yeah. You can look it up on the soundtrack's entry, though I don't know where the specific breakdown comes from. However, the credits list Koji Kondo as well as Hajime Wakai under MUSIC, so it seems safe to say that his music credit is legitimate.
In the tracklist in the booklet 1~3 scans, the tracks where the number is bordered in gold are composed by Kondo, and the ones with silver borders are by Wakai. The key for that is at the bottom of booklet 3.

I just realized now though that the SF64 OST credits Venom to Wakai, but the Japanese magazine for this album credits Kondo. Hmmmmmm.
Old May 18, 2014, 03:16 PM
Trusted Editor

I just noticed that Jun Ishikawa is co-credited for original music on the Original Medley? AFAIK, he wasn't credited in game.

Quote:
Sound & Music Director: Hirokazu Ando
Music: Tadashi Ikegami, Shogo Sakai, Takuto Kitsuta
I also wonder what Kitsuta's role on the game was.

Last edited by dissident93; May 18, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old May 18, 2014, 04:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

"All-Star Rest Area" is originally from Kirby Super Star, so that's why Ishikawa's there.
Old May 18, 2014, 05:53 PM
Trusted Editor

ohh ok, makes sense.