VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:19 AM

So what are everyone's thoughts on this? I personally don't think this is going to turn out to be that great, because I don't think the music will translate well to music box, but I could be surprised.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:56 AM

Definitely one of the most random ideas for an arranged album I've heard, especially one for a traditionally orchestra score. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the music box in the first place, so I probably wouldn't enjoy this album even if it turned out 'good'. Here's to hoping for an album release for the orchestra concert -- now that should be great!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:48 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Considering the Okami Piano Arrange, I'd relate this album as being in the same spirit as that.

Although the choice of Orgel vs Piano is the only odd part, but maybe they thought it would better match with the Hunter atmosphere?

I'd certainly buy a recording of the 5th Anniv Concert over this though.
Old May 13, 2009, 05:03 PM

Loved Suikoden orgel, so I'm really looking forward to this, even though I'm not familiar with the source material at all.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:52 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Just gonna dump some stuff about the "Momora" on this album, as I don't really feel like making an artist entry for him(?) since he's mainly a sound designer and this'd probably be his only album.

Monster Hunter fifth anniversary comments: http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunte...comment13.html
Listed works: Monster Hunter 1, G, 2, Freedom 2, Freedom Unite, Tri

Monster Hunter 2 interview: http://web.archive.org/web/200606131...2se/mh2se.html

Liner notes (booklet 4) on Monster Hunter Hunting Music Collection ~ 3rd Anniversary Commemorative Best Track ~: http://vgmdb.net/album/7364
Listed works: Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (AC), Darkstalkers (AC), JoJo's Venture (AC, doesn't say that it's Mirai e no Isan), Devil May Cry 3 (PS2), others

Credits: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (movie sound designer), Darkstalkers arcade / Saturn / PlayStation (special thanks as "MOE・K," not to be confused with Takashi "MOE・T" Kitamura), Devil May Cry 2 (event sound effects), Devil May Cry 3 (sound effects designer), Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (???), JoJo's Venture (???)

Last edited by CHz; Apr 18, 2012 at 05:48 PM.