VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:07 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Information from here.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:06 PM

I really hope the Victory theme is a little more fleshed out than the ones they've been playing at the concerts...if not, that is a waste of space.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 02:39 PM

Nice track list! I'm wondering what the last three tracks will be. I'm guessing one will be "J-E-N-O-V-A". Maybe the little FFXIV medley that they've been doing?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:20 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I really hope the Victory theme is a little more fleshed out than the ones they've been playing at the concerts...if not, that is a waste of space.
I agree. If this "Victory Theme" is the same arrangement performed in some concerts it will be a disappointment. It's not substantial enough for a CD recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Nice track list! I'm wondering what the last three tracks will be. I'm guessing one will be "J-E-N-O-V-A". Maybe the little FFXIV medley that they've been doing?
Yes, "J-E-N-O-V-A" is already confirmed. I think the remaining tracks will be this FFXIV medley called "Twilight Over Thanalan ~ Beneath Bloody Borders" and "Kiss Me Good-Bye".
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:35 PM

But Distant Worlds II is said to include FFXIII music, at least the tour is. Probably not gonna make the CD though
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
But Distant Worlds II is said to include FFXIII music, at least the tour is. Probably not gonna make the CD though
FFXIII music? I hadn't heard that before. I thought they only added "J-E-N-O-V-A" and "Dancing Mad" to the lineup. Not to mention that if they did add music from FFXIII, it would be the first time non-Uematsu music had been played in the concert series.

Not that it couldn't happen. It just seems unlikely.

EDIT: Actually, I think you might be right, Don. It seems some websites are reporting that "The Promise" and "Fang's Theme" will be played at Stockholm on June 12th. Interesting. Also, "Prima Vista Orchestra" (FFIX) and "Kiss Me Goodbye" (FFXII) seem to be new as well. Or at least I haven't heard them at any of the concerts I've been too.

Last edited by Boco; Apr 28, 2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Jumped the gun again!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:56 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Yes, FFXIII music was announced on Distant World's facebook. Both tracks that you mentioned was confirmed on Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's website (I only noticed this now).
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:46 AM

Well, it seems that with only two tracks remaining, one of which being J-E-N-O-V-A, that the pool is ever smaller. Any guesses?

(The one revealed today was "Prima Vista Orchestra).

As for me, I'm gonna guess FFXIII music. The reason being is that I'd be surprised to see the FFXIV music on there even though the game hasnt' been released yet. Of course, I have been surprised before by seeing "Somnus" on drammatica, etc. I do not think it'll be "Kiss Me Goodbye" though. FFXIII or FFXIV almost certainly, preferably "Fang's Theme," if there was a choice. That one is beautiful.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:37 AM

I'm gonna guess the FFXIV medley. It's been in rotation longer and would be easier to record than a brand new, unperformed piece. But my guesses have been off lately, so who knows!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Haha, I think the remaining song will be "Kiss Me Good-Bye". If any of these FFXIII tracks would be selected, I think it would be a bit redundant, as both tracks are already orchestrated in Original Soundtrack and is a studio recording. The same happened with "Liberi Fatali" in the first CD, though.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:52 PM
Trusted Editor

Talking about Somnus, does anyone know if there are plans to release a soundtrack for the FFXIII Versus game? I think Shimomura was/is working on that one.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:19 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
Talking about Somnus, does anyone know if there are plans to release a soundtrack for the FFXIII Versus game? I think Shimomura was/is working on that one.
The game still has no release date so it probably won't be until next year.

Anyway, "Dear Friends" it is!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:38 PM

Wow...8 second victory theme and a 1:30 Prima Vista Orchestra. Terrible, absolutely terrible. Why not save those slots for something more meaningful...
Old May 15, 2010, 12:19 PM
Trusted Editor

I'm not an expert, but isn't the Zanarkand version of this album nearly exactly the same as on the "More Friends 2005 in LA" album (Link)?

The new "Suteki da Ne" version is nice though!
Old May 29, 2010, 08:00 AM

I'm downloading the FLAC version right now from the official web site. I'm about to pee my pants in excitement over it! The classics NEVER get old!
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:16 AM
VGMdb Advisor

They have just released a digital version of the Final Fantasy XIV Medley, should we make a separate entry?

http://store.ffdistantworlds.com/tra...oodied-banners
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

OVER 9000 EARGASMS TO DANCING MAD HOLY FUCK

srsly wow ._.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
They have just released a digital version of the Final Fantasy XIV Medley, should we make a separate entry?

http://store.ffdistantworlds.com/tra...oodied-banners
So pretty sure this was a free download at the time. It doesn't seem to be on any CD that I can tell. A shame, as it's a nice arrangement (and again the lack of being able to even get it now...welcome to the digital world)