VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 27, 2017, 05:43 AM
Trusted Editor

While I don't like the new character artwork for the remake, I'm cautiously looking forward to the soundtrack.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 08:39 AM

I just managed to finish the original a couple months ago, and now they've announced a remake. xp

I'm not sure if they're changing the soundtrack at all, there was a 14-minute video and the music was the same as the original. Which is okay by me, a couple new tracks would be nice mind you since the original was a little short for an RPG of such magnitude, but they were fantastic tracks that I still listen to fairly regularly. Possibly my favorite Shimomura soundtrack. EDIT: I just looked at the actual page. There IS new music for the remake! I'm very excited. I hope they're as good as the originals.

I just don't get why the new character artwork though. Hiroshi Konishi's originals were fantastic, amazing, some of my favorite RPG artwork. But the remake... its art doesn't have half the artistry of Konishi's originals. Which is an absolute shame, in my opinion.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 08:49 AM
VGMdb Staff

According to her Twitter, Shimomura wrote 5 new tracks for it. OP + 4 BGM.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 07:58 PM

Yeah the new art direction and J-pop anime opening leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's like Atlus is pandering to the Persona crowd now. Totally kills the bleak mood of the original, like putting a bunny mascot in Vagrant Story.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 02:21 PM
Trusted Editor

I updated the "from LaiD back Gorilla" artists to their artist profiles.

Okaji = Toshiharu Okajima
Daiken = Hirotake Homma (Daiken is an alternate reading of Hirotake)
AKIRA = Akira Iwata

This event has their names published as romanized: http://www.rpmshimokita.com/event/170820 and Hirotake Homma's Facebook page has videos of LaiD Back Gorilla practicing for the same show.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 05:28 AM
Trusted Editor

So it is true that this album doesn't have a lot to offer when you already own the DS soundtrack and the piano arrangre album. But the few new tracks are really beautiful. In particular Breeze Over the Ocean, which I figure could be the airship track?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 06:35 AM

https://www21.atwiki.jp/gamemusicbes...ages/1291.html

I guess デュナミス号 is the airship (no ship?)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
So it is true that this album doesn't have a lot to offer when you already own the DS soundtrack and the piano arrangre album. But the few new tracks are really beautiful. In particular Breeze Over the Ocean, which I figure could be the airship track?
Ah, but could it replace the DS one, or does that one have unique music on it?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 04:53 AM
Trusted Editor

If you disgard mastering, then the original TEAM Entertainment (the KDSD-00408 one) release is a subset of this album.

EDIT: I haven't yet checked if these tracks also match bit-wise, but I somehow doubt it.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:42 AM

Figured I would note that 落花流水 while the English translation has literal reading of kanji that it actually translates to "Mutual Love"