VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:34 AM

Hey everyone,

There wasn't a thread for the CD, since it was just announced and since I'm not sure what it's official name is (can't read Japanese), I figured I'd post it here.

The PV for the album is featured here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6DYanT3pw

Features 21 artists (all of which are previewed). Release is August 14, at C78.

Soyo Oka busting out electric guitar solos, TECHNOuchi with soothing Asian influenced electronica, etc. Sounds promising!

EDIT: Cover Art http://twitpic.com/28m3sv

Last edited by Don; Jul 26, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:58 AM

Willing to add it yourself? (Or I'll do) The title is GEONDAN レアトラックス Ver 1.0. レアトラックス is Rare Tracks in English.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:09 AM

Sure, I can add it.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:45 AM

I tried to hook up this thread to the album, but a link in the thread title is missing for some reasons. Maybe we need to move this thread to the Sub-Forum...?

Anyways, I hope this album will be sold outside of the comic market.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:47 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, that's all it needed.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:28 PM

It's nice to finally see GEONDAN try a stab at something different. It certainly looks promising, that's a varied huge ammoun of material. I do hope they don't go the "hard-to-get-niche-product" route and have it get a more widely spread release. Some of the artists have quite a reputation, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Love the cover font. Screams 80s all over the place.

EDIT: a few missing words made my wish look completely the contrary...

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!

Last edited by Kewing; Jul 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:10 PM

Love the concept and the preview sounded great as well! I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for a copy of this. Any chance that VGM World could stock some copies? Or do you think Yahoo Japan will be the only option?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:18 AM

KOTA HOSHINO <3
Old Jul 27, 2010, 05:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinuyo...0849636?v=wall

Kinuyo Yamashita mentions that the vocalist on her track (no.9) is Thomas Howard Lichtenstein.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 09:27 AM

The GeOnDan blog entry about this album, at least from internet translation, seems to hint that this is a big 1st step for them, and if the future, if this album sells successfully at the event, they'd do general circulation/mail order for future releases? Is that right, or along those lines?

ご存知の通り、ゲ音団は親睦団体であり、非営利団体です。ゲ音団に参加するにあたり、会費など金銭的な徴収 は一切無く、ゆえにゲ音団としての資金は存在しません。当然、このコンピレーションCDに参加していただい たからといってアーティストにギャランティを払える訳もなく、そもそもCDをプレスする資金すらないのです 。じゃあどうして今回CDをプレスすることが出来たかといいますと、菊田さんが立て替えて下さったからです 。当然、今回の売上から菊田さんへ返済しますし、売上金に余裕が出来れば次回作以降を作るお金として、ある いはゲ音団として様々なイベントを開催する際の資金、などに宛てがうことが出来ます。まさに他のコミケ出展 者と同じ『サークル活動』そのものですね。

今回の売り上げをもとに、今後、第2弾、第3弾と続けてリリースして行きたいと思っていますし、トークイベ ント開催と同時に物販として販売、また一般流通や通信販売などのルートも開拓、と、より多くのゲーム音楽愛 好家の皆様のもとへ届けられるよう、様々な試行錯誤を行っていきたいと思っています。そういった意味でも、 今回のコミケ出展は大きな第1歩になると思います。その第1歩となる作品が「レアトラックス Ver 1.0」です。コミケへ来られる方は是非、宜敷くお願いします!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:40 AM

Then I better find a way to pick a copy up somehow.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:47 AM

Btw, this album might not be released as part of typical Doujin activity, but is definitely an independent release from GeOnDan, which isn't a commercial entity. So technically, we're supposed to select Doujin/Indies, but I'm not sure what a potential trouble it can cause since this album is, like Lost Files, something not a few main-stream fans would be interested in.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
Btw, this album might not be released as part of typical Doujin activity, but is definitely an independent release from GeOnDan, which isn't a commercial entity. So technically, we're supposed to select Doujin/Indies, but I'm not sure what a potential trouble it can cause since this album is, like Lost Files, something not a few main-stream fans would be interested in.
This is one of the big problems with how we categorize. Much like how western indie game soundtracks (big and small) become Doujin/indie and confuses many since they're official soundtracks etc. Still haven't seen a good clean solution..
Old Aug 14, 2010, 04:23 AM

I still don't see much benefit from "Indies", at very least, not so much as it's worth sacrificing the boundary between Official and Doujin, but I changed the Publisher Type anyway, since I think nobody (perhaps except admins) is entitled to an arbitrary refusal to follow our stance. If it does bring confusion as we claim, somebody will request for a reconsideration in the future. Meanwhile, I think we should respect what was decided.

GeOnDan's first substantial project is now filtered out by the guy who conducts an interview with them on a monthly basis.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:28 AM
Trusted Editor

Any idea who's the singer on Maki Kirioka's track? Yu Shimoda's Myspace blog has romanised as MiraiCofee. Wondering if that's correct.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 01:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Any idea who's the singer on Maki Kirioka's track? Yu Shimoda's Myspace blog has romanised as MiraiCofee. Wondering if that's correct.
Technically it could be "Mirai Koohii" [lit. Future Coffee], "Mirai Coffee", "MiraiCofee" or any variation of that. It's hard to say if "MiraiCofee" is the intended writting or just a misspelling. No idea about who actually sings it tho, can't find any info.

Btw track 15 has Miku Hatsune (I think), should we add 'her' to the performers?
Also 17 is a vague arrangement of Psyvariar's Asteroid it seems. I wonder if other tracks are arrangements too.

Last edited by Dag; Sep 8, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:22 AM

Made a small edit in regards to TECHNOuchi's track. Although it translates to Colors, he says the title of the song is Aya because named for a Japanese female. I've changed it to Aya to reflect this.

ゲ音団コンピに提供した『彩』 海外サイトで一時期「colors」と訳されてましたが、まぁそれも間違った訳ではないんだけど本当は「A YA」が正解です。とある記憶の片隅に眠る女性の名前です。MSXのスペースマンボウのエンディングタイト ル『Memoire(メモワール)』も同じ記憶です。

In regards to Wasi303's track, there is definitely some Asteroid from Psyvariar in there, but what about Manbow? I'm not familiar with that OST.

Last edited by Don; Sep 17, 2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 05:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
In regards to Wasi303's track, there is definitely some Asteroid from Psyvariar in there, but what about Manbow? I'm not familiar with that OST.
There's a very obvious arrange of Manbow's Ending Theme (called MEMOIRE) there also, which is why the track has an "=" sign there, because it's an equal blend of both parts together...

Basically I'm shocked that you guys are saying you've never heard this tune before?? Seriously, what kind of vgm fan doesn't know their Konami classics??

It's on this album, and this album, and this boxset, an arrange is on this album
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:03 AM

A straightforward contest here for those who want a copy of the album.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:54 AM
Trusted Editor

Anyone here got those three PDF files from the GeOnDan's album page saved somewhere? Because those links seem to be down.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:28 AM

The website now seems to be available at the following adress: http://s1.shard.jp/geondan/raretrax1.html