VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:57 AM

What's the interview in the booklet about, between Nakamura, Hiroyuki Kiwada, and Yuzo Koshiro? Did the other two have a hand in remastering?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:26 AM

According to the explanation at the start of the interview, the composer said he wanted to have a discussion with Kawada and Koshiro. I guess Square/Digicube granted his request.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:50 AM

The tracklist on page 1 seems to be slightly misleading. Track 25 sounds much like the rest of the RPG Section songs and there's a large space between it and the other 24 tracks of the Arcade Section. I think that's reason to consider it an RPG Section song.

Of course, if someone could just check the port, this would be decisive. I don't have the game, unfortunately.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despatche View Post
The tracklist on page 1 seems to be slightly misleading. Track 25 sounds much like the rest of the RPG Section songs and there's a large space between it and the other 24 tracks of the Arcade Section. I think that's reason to consider it an RPG Section song.

Of course, if someone could just check the port, this would be decisive. I don't have the game, unfortunately.
Track 25 is the BGM of the alternate opening sequence on the PlayStation version (which can be unlocked if you let the "Demo Opening" play a few times without touching anything, if I remember correctly, been ages since I played “God Bless the Ring”)... Anyway, it's labeled correctly on the tracklist, it doesn't have anything to do with the Quest Mode.

EDIT:
It's a shame they didn't include on the Soundtrack the small arrangement of FINAL FANTASY's Victory Fanfare.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Jan 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:58 AM

About the slipcase:

I suspect that as DigiCube usually did, the first press comes with a slipcase but no obi (the barcode is on the lower spine), while the rest come without a slipcase but with an obi.