VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:19 PM

I'm genuinely curious about this album. I love most of Hiro's work (edit: that I listened to), so it's a no-brainer to think that this would be a nice album to listen to. However, does anyone know what parts of it are arranged and what parts were ripped from the original games? Are there new arrangements here? Anything from S.S.T. Band?

Thank you for reading!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfood View Post
I'm genuinely curious about this album. I love most of Hiro's work (edit: that I listened to), so it's a no-brainer to think that this would be a nice album to listen to. However, does anyone know what parts of it are arranged and what parts were ripped from the original games? Are there new arrangements here? Anything from S.S.T. Band?

Thank you for reading!
the entire second disc is arranged. some of it may be old to you if you've gotten prior hiro collections, but i'd say half or more of it is new. notably there are some excellent jazzy arrangements by akai ryu-sei, a great sword of vermillion remix by hip tanaka, and a crackin dj remix by shohei tsuchiya. if the entire first disc is original sound source, and it's a good collection if not particularly varied.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:50 AM

oh, i should mention: LOVE the rent-a-hero theme remix by IOSYS.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 02:17 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'll second the notion of the Fantastic Jazz arranges by Akai Ryu-sei. I'm impressed
Definitely some new and fresh arranges on here!!
Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:46 AM

note that なんてたって should be なんてったって normally (just for info)