VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:08 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

"Although Jets'n'Guns and the Official Soundtrack were released prior to Machinae Supremacy's album 'Redeemer', a number of JnG tracks are arrangements from that album"

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Redeemer featured arrangements from Jets 'n' Guns? In fact, I recall hearing "FutureMachine" was named as such because it was going to be a future Machinae Supremacy song ("Reanimator").

Also, release price "Unknown"? I downloaded it off their website for free.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Here's a link to the album for the download, but it has a different track list order (and the Shop music is now included), so maybe it would be best in a separate album entry?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:25 PM

Good point. I'm not sure you can count them as two different albums simply because the track order has changed... Kind of like Unchosen Paths, which has a suggested track order.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
"Although Jets'n'Guns and the Official Soundtrack were released prior to Machinae Supremacy's album 'Redeemer', a number of JnG tracks are arrangements from that album"

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Redeemer featured arrangements from Jets 'n' Guns? In fact, I recall hearing "FutureMachine" was named as such because it was going to be a future Machinae Supremacy song ("Reanimator").
I don't have immediate verification of this, but it was confirmed by Robert on the Machinae Supremacy forums that the full songs for Redeemer were composed first, and the Jets'n'Guns versions were arranged later. The title of "FutureMachinae" likely refers to the fact that the full version of the song would be released in the future, not that it hadn't been written yet.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 05:57 PM

Default Corrected release date

I corrected the release date according to an archived version of Machinae's newspage:

Quote:
2004-12-04 - Jets'n'Guns Official Soundtrack Released
Head on over to the discopgrahy section for options on downloading this 28 original track monolith of sound.

Last edited by Lashiec; Mar 31, 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Added additional details