VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 7, 2015, 12:13 AM
Trusted Editor

The English opening (track 02) is sung by 3 artists: Lionel Leroy, Jacques Ebner (Nono's French voice), and the main singer is -I think- Nick Carr (who has done the openings for Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, M.A.S.K., Pole Position, COPS...) I think that it's his voice (if it's not, I don't see really who could be the singer), but I can't find an official source for the moment... So I prefer to inform.
If someone (who speaks very well English, or is simply English) can find a trusted source, it would be great

You can listen the English opening here, by example:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a...-version-u_fun

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 7, 2015 at 12:21 AM.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:28 AM
VGMdb Administrator

You shouldn't put guesses in album entries. If you can find a source you can add him back.
Old May 7, 2015, 04:09 AM
VGMdb Staff

Well, if Nick Carr isn't credited (in the booklet), then yeah, a very reliable source would be needed to still list the artist here. Overall, there's no problem to include any uncredited people as long as you have a good source so what Illidan said is true of course.
Old May 7, 2015, 01:58 PM
Trusted Editor

In fact the booklet provides some wrong/incomplete informations, only Haim Saban and Shuky Levy are credited for all the lyrics and the compositions...
But we know well that Saban/Levy (or just Levy ^^) have done only additional BGM for Ulysse 31, the main composers are Denny Crockett and Ike Egan.
Lionel Leroy, Jacques Cardona (Apollo), Jacques Ebner (Nono's voice), Pascal Auriat are not credited too... So this booklet is really a... shit (sorry, I don't find another word!)
So I gathered the informations on the web (Wikipedia, Animeland and other sites) and on my others Ulysse 31's CDs (Loga-Rythme, Expert Music).

In fact there are not a lot of singers for Saban Records: the mains are Lionel Leroy, Jacques Cardona (Apollo), Noam, Nick Carr, Jean-Pierre Savelli (Les Goldies), Jacques Ebner.... and Shuki Levy himself.
So that should be possible to find who have sung the English opening. Nick Carr is the name that I have found in a fan's blog (but of course it can't be a totally trusted source), and for me too it would be his voice, but i'm not sure at 100%.
But it's right that's really a mess to find informations about Saban's music.
I'm not surprised that Saban has lost his masters for many soundtracks.

I have thought too...
Jacques Ebner is not directly credited for the generics "Ulysse" (track 01, 02) and "Ulysse revient" (07). We're hearing well the Nono's voice in these Openings, so I have chosen to credit him for these songs, but maybe you want (Illidan, Efendija ^^) a very reliable source too?
I have listened many times "Ulysse revient", and for me it is exactly the same voice in "Nono le petit robot", "Thémis et Nono" and "Moi, j'mange des clous".
And these 2 last songs provide from the same French vinyl, so.... I don't see why it couldn't be the same singer.
Maybe I can have a little doubt for the first Opening "Ulysse". If you want really a reliable information at 100%, and not 95 or 99%, maybe we can delete his name for the tracks 01 & 02.

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 7, 2015 at 11:27 PM.