VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 15, 2016, 03:01 PM

Location: Deciding whether to do Secret of Mana or Wild Arms for my next album
Default TG-16 Love

Ya know, I gotta say just as a matter of personal opinion...

I think the PC-Engine/TG-16 was a bit underrated in the grand scheme of video game history.

Okay, it had a lot of lack-luster titles, but it also had quite a lot that was excellent, or ahead of its time.

Compared to the Genesis, I find that it had a much better integrated sound set, and the color palette was a lot more vibrant--I usually found a lot of Genesis material to be quite grainy, and although the same could be said of a lot of first generation TG-16 titles, I find they did get quite a bit better with time.

Just giving a nod to nostalgia. Bonk, Neutopia, Bloody Wolf, and the great conversion of Cadash spring to my mind today.