VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:45 AM

Default Where can I buy Soundtracks digitally?

Hello guys,

are there any site where I can buy game/anime soundtracks online? I am looking only for site, which offer lossless music like flac, nice would be soundtracks with 24bit.

Not only japanese, but especially japanese. For example, is there I site I could buy that Zelda 30 anniversary or Halo 2 Anniversary soundtrack?

THX
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:12 AM

It relies on the label whether or not an album gets a digital release, and (unfortunately) most of the time, soundtracks aren't lossless when they do get a digital release (let alone 24-bit). Nintendo is known for lacking in the soundtracks publishing department, oftentimes releasing incomplete promo albums and only focusing on their most popular IPs (do they even know about digital releases besides iTunes?).

Brave Wave is a label that releases lossless digital, and Ninja Gaiden The Definitive Soundtrack did get a 24-bit 48kHz release in mono.

If you'd like to find more, you can go into Advance Search, check off 'Digital Release' and go from there.

Last edited by Jedi QuestMaster; Dec 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 05:42 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Brave Wave specifically licenses certain Japanese game music and can release FLACs. For other Japanese game music, you won't find FLACs at all. The best alternative is to get a Japanese iTunes account and get Apple Lossless digital music.