VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:44 AM

Default Feature Request: References/Links on album pages

Hey,

I realize that I'm already able to search by Composer, performer, etc via the advanced search, but would it be possible, for example, to make Composer/Arranger/Performer credits on individual album pages links? So that when I click on 'Kukeiha Club' in the 'Composer' field, I get a list of all albums where Kukeiha Club is credited as composer.

Would make things more comfortable. And in the same vein, perhaps make any contents listed under the "Music from" field a link too. So when it says 'Gradius' there, I click on it and get a list of all albums containing music from Gradius...you get the idea.

This would kinda allow for easier investigative browsing, I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement it, but yeah.

Also: Will it eventually be possible to search for track names?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:50 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I second the search by "Tracklist" (Track Title)..

How much time do i find the good soundtrack searching with a track title..
And verify if it's the good soundtrack if number of tracks and names are corresponding.

But this sounds over complicated to do no ?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:41 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think these are both good ideas. In the future, we plan on having pages for the artists or the games, but this is going to require some serious thought in order to implement it well. We'll probably need to switch to wiki-style input of names.

The track search by itself would be easy to implement. The challenge is going to be doing the search on the album and track database simultaneously.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 06:17 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I've got track title search up and running now. It operates in conjunction with all the other search parameters, which is pretty nifty, but which also is potentially pretty slow. Go ahead and play around with it for now, and I'll check with Gigablah to make sure that the search times are ok.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munin View Post
I realize that I'm already able to search by Composer, performer, etc via the advanced search, but would it be possible, for example, to make Composer/Arranger/Performer credits on individual album pages links? So that when I click on 'Kukeiha Club' in the 'Composer' field, I get a list of all albums where Kukeiha Club is credited as composer.

Would make things more comfortable. And in the same vein, perhaps make any contents listed under the "Music from" field a link too. So when it says 'Gradius' there, I click on it and get a list of all albums containing music from Gradius...
Yes, we're planning to do this eventually. We have yet to normalize the composer and associated game/series fields, but we'll expand the database to include those after we get the current album system fully worked out.