VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 28, 2011, 10:39 AM

Default Can anyone tell me if the Genso Suikoden Complete Box officially cancelled?

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Genso Suikoden ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Complete BOX (as it is listed on here) is officially cancelled? Right now, VGMDB lists it as delayed, but it has been some time now and had me wondering if it's gone for good. The only reason I ask is because it is still listed on Konami Style's Website and to my knowledge still able to be pre-ordered. I know that many of Konami's box sets sadly didn't do too well, the Castlevania box not selling well is probably because they still didn't give us the extra Saturn version tracks for Symphony of the Night :P. They are quite horrible about that version, even re-releasing it, due to Iga's non-involvement with the Saturn game. Such a shame.

Either way though I am, speaking only for myself, still interested in seeing this go into production despite the rather expensive price it would be. I love the music of the Suikoden games, but contemplated buying each game's OST due to the talk of this box. I mean if this was made you would get every game's OST, remastered to the highest quality on Blu-Spec disc which sounds awesome. Anything on this would be of a great help, don't want to look like an idiot and spend the money getting the others if they are still making this. Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:00 AM

Not sure about this but I would like to chime in about how at least 2 of the 7 or 8 Saturn Symphony tracks are actually quite good. The remixes of the classic tunes are pretty forgettable but the new boss music for Maria and the sweet Bach-like organ piece in the Cursed Prison area are both pretty fantastic. I can't remember how or where but I found the Saturn tracks online and burned them onto a CD that now sits withing my Konami Symphony of the Night OST. A homemade 2 disc set.

Anyway, good luck with your Suikoden box!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:33 PM

I have the songs on a disc as well, but they are in MP3 form. I would love to have them in CD quality, which for me is always preferred. I will take what I can get and the MP3's I have are in excellent, if not near CD quality. Still these deserve to be heard/released to the video game music loving public, I personally love all the extra songs including the remixes. The really jazzy one is a personal favorite of mine. I can't remember where I found them either, all I know is that the link they offered to people no longer works. Oh well, got mine. On another note, I will remain hopeful that Konami releases the Suikoden Box. Maybe the release/announcement of the new PSP Suikoden game will drum up excitement, I know I still want it.