VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:55 AM

The inlay and the vinyl only points that the track "DUEL" is "Podorims", but there are in fact Podorims I and II on ost 2 of Wingman, and the track features both of them.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:14 AM

Why are the composer names in dark blue, if this is an official thing?
I though dark blue was used mainly in unofficial stuff like doujin albums and such.
all the other digital trips don't have darkblue in composer names.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:21 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The color means that the artists are featured and not directly involved in the album, like in this case and obviously in (almost) every doujin arrange album.
If the other digital trips are the same, the composers should be set as featured too in my opinion.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:29 AM

I don't agree. Doujin Arrange albums are one thing completely not related to something Nippon Columbia had the rights to begin with.
But that is my meaningless opinion
Old Oct 20, 2014, 02:57 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The fact that the release is commercial, doujin, or licensed by the same company does not matter in this regard. This is used just to move the album in a special section of the artist discography, since he is not directly involved in it. You can look at the Featured On section of other artists (even Tetsuji Hayashi for that matter) to see other cases where it is used for commercial releases.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 04:06 AM

sorry, illidan but you didn't seem to have see all other synthesizer fantasy albums have composer field not featured
it's like you're the only one to featured them

if we follow that logic, any arrangement albums should have composer field featured
for example, celtic moon should have nobuo uematsu featured, is it the case? no, I doubt secret squirrel or blah would forget to say anything about that sort of things

you should, in consequences, de-featured artists you made featured
Old Oct 20, 2014, 04:23 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
if we follow that logic, any arrangement albums should have composer field featured
for example, celtic moon should have nobuo uematsu featured, is it the case? no, I doubt secret squirrel or blah would forget to say anything about that sort of things
Unless that album has special circumstances, yes. Same thing with the other Digital Trip, Jam Trip, and whatever.

EDIT: actually considering Uematsu is credited as producer I'm not sure it would be appropriate in that case, but for the trip ones I still think they should be featured.

Last edited by Illidan; Oct 20, 2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:51 AM
VGMdb Staff

You can think of it in terms of whether or not the person would consider the album to be a part of his/her discography. As far as Celtic Moon goes, I'm sure Uematsu would consider it to be one of "his" albums as, even though he's not credited for any arrangement, he was directly involved in the production.