VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > News and Announcements > Submission Guideline Restructuring
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15, 2010, 09:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Color Coding

I just updated our colorcode legends, and made them uniform wherever they are used, so this might be a good time to discuss any changes we want in how we highlight album types with colors. Here's our new legend:

Quote:
Source Category: Game, Animation, Publication, Audio Drama, Demo Scene, Other Works
Extra Classification: Enclosure/Promo, Doujin/Fanmade, Delayed/Cancelled, Bootleg
I've split the special classifications off from the regular category groupings.

One comment I have -- when there are a lot of anime, enclosures, and doujins on a page, we see lots of Burnt Orange, Harvest Gold, and Avacado Green. For those who were not around at the time, these colors were very popular in the 1970s.

It's not a big deal. I'm just not a fan of that scheme, and I've never liked the Doujin or Anime colors we use. It's probably a bit too late to change the Doujin one.

Aside from aesthetics, we can also discuss any changes to how we color code the albums.