VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:30 AM
Trusted Editor

Is Kanji Saito (斉藤寛志) the correct reading of this artist? This used to be Hiroshi Saito. And is the other Hiroshi Saito same guy (probably not).
Old Aug 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Is Kanji Saito (斉藤寛志) the correct reading of this artist? This used to be Hiroshi Saito.
Should be, barring a misprint. Sound World of Populous -G.S.M. IMAGINEER 1- credits him as "斉藤寛志" on the booklet 1 scan and "KANJI SAITO" on the booklet 5 scan. 寛志 can be read as both "Hiroshi" and "Kanji," hence the earlier confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
And is the other Hiroshi Saito same guy (probably not).
Probably not, but there isn't a ton of information about him, since he hasn't worked on a whole lot of anything. His name pretty consistently appears as 斉藤ひろし, so I'm pretty sure it's a different guy.

It also doesn't help that he and Kanji Saito both apparently worked on Yukyu Kumikyoku ~All Star Project~ Soundtrack (on different tracks), but I think I've got their discographies sorted out.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 01:41 AM

Well, I noticed this artist entry is, in reality, a kanji variation of Kanji Saito (斉藤志 vs 斉藤志). In this page someone else noticed that this 斉藤貴志 could be an incorrect credit.

Btw, it goes without saying that Kanji Saito is also listed as arranger on this album, so this only adds to my point.