VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

We currently have Junko Ozawa marked as having left Namco in 2008. Her Japanese Wikipedia article says the same thing, indicating she left in September 2008, but it's not sourced. Does anyone know more? I don't have any reason to doubt it, I'm just curious to know if it's true, if she's been up to anything since then, etc.

FUN FACTS: Junko Ozawa was (is?) one of Namco's longest-tenured composers. Her first game was Gaplus, released in Japan in April 1984, and though her compositional output slowed by the '90s, she contributed to Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (1997) and Pac-Man Championship Edition (2007), among others. Her pieces for Klonoa are some my favorites from the game, especially Jugpot Falls, but then everyone did a fantastic job with that score.

Gaplus also makes her one of VGM's earliest female composers, at least in Japanland, but she wasn't even Namco's first. That would be Yuriko Keino, who scored the March 1982 game Dig Dug!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 08:18 PM

I made that edit, and this was my source. Wikipedia might have another source to specify the month (just because Endou posted the entry about her on 29th September was a bit dangerous to conclude it was September, but I don't mind somebody going with so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Her pieces for Klonoa are some my favorites from the game, especially Jugpot Falls, but then everyone did a fantastic job with that score.
Asides of Nakanishi and Okubo's tracks, I'm also a big fan of that OST.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:06 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ah ha, thanks for that. Masanobu Endoh is certainly a reliable source about this.

I'm sad to see her go, but she put out some enjoyable music over the years, and that's all I can really ask for.