VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:23 AM

In case anyone's interested I've confirmed that Manami Matsumae is indeed the wife of Kimitaka Matsumae. Straight from Mr. Matsumae himself
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:28 AM

I am actually very interested!
thanks for posting that.

did he say anything else about her?
i wish there was a documentary about this woman
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:04 PM

Sorry if this is already known about her, but was she responsible for the Mega Man Wily Wars OST? Or at least a little of it? I ask cause i don't think Wily Tower 4 theme was ever in a previous mega man game(correct me if i'm wrong, and show me where it came from cause i can not find it anywhere else) and it sounds very distinctly Manami-esque to me, like it made me think of Mega Man 1 and other games such as Area 88 and etc etc.

On a side note, GameFAQs has Kinuyo Yamashita listed, though where that info came from i have no idea, i tried to ask her if she was, but it looked like she didn't understand my full question(since she isn't fluent in english) as her answer was something like "Yes i did all the music to Mega Man X3" But i didn't want to be rude so i didn't say anymore after that.

EDIT Also, please note i am not considering kinuyo as a composer because GFAQ said it, i am just wondering if someone managed to find info that she did in fact do it or if they just put some random info on there with no evidence that she was indeed involved.

Last edited by HarukameiKasumo; Jan 29, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarukameiKasumo View Post
On a side note, GameFAQs has Kinuyo Yamashita listed, though where that info came from i have no idea.
Kouji Murata, who as a freelancer did the game's sound effects, says that BGM arrangement and original stage theme composition & arrangement was done by "Yamashita":

Quote:
ちなみにBGMのアレンジ、オリジナルステージの作編曲、及び打ち込みは、山下さんです。
Murata was part of Minakuchi Engineering (though he had left a couple of years before this game), and Minakuchi contributed to the game according to GDRI, so it seems likely that the "Yamashita" is Kinuyo. Murata does not give a full name, though, and Kinuyo doesn't list the game in her works list.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:22 PM

Ah ok. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Koopa Soundworks, who did the interview with Keiji Yamagishi a few months back that confirmed some good stuff about Tecmo composers, interviewed Manami Matsumae earlier this month. It's mostly about her background and Mega Man, so there aren't really any shocking new disclosures, but she reveals the not-well-known fact that her first work at Capcom was composing one song for the NES game Ide Yosuke Meijin no Jissen Mahjong, not Mega Man.

Last edited by CHz; Feb 17, 2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: "Ide Yosuke no Jissen Mahjong" -> "Ide Yosuke Meijin no Jissen Mahjong"
Old Sep 1, 2013, 05:43 AM

Matsuemae is on board to compose music for Keiji Inafune's spiritual successor to Mega Man called The Mighty No.9:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/31...th-a-new-hero/

More details can be found on the kickstarter page including some audio. It seems as though Matsumae will be joined by other composers.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand
It seems as though Matsumae will be joined by other composers.
Ippo Yamada and friends (fingers crossed)
Old Apr 3, 2014, 05:09 AM

More
Old Apr 3, 2014, 07:22 AM

Heh. She's adorable.