VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:46 PM

The arranged tracks on this album were originally broadcast on the Satellaview, as part of BS ゼルダの伝説 古代の石盤. Should that information be added to the products represented section?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Probably more suited to the notes section, in my opinion.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 02:01 AM

The drama track serves as a prologue to "A Link to the Past" as well.

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:37 PM

Shouldn't Ancient Stone Tablets be removed from products represented here? This album predates the game by several years.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 11:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yup, sounds good
Old Mar 27, 2022, 09:42 PM

We don't have any trace of the green round sticker on our scans.
What does it say? 1st print bonus?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/x1044458594
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:20 PM

Yep, it says first print bonus is the Triforce sticker. I imagine it's something that was on the outside of the plastic wrap and the original owner of that particular one decided to put it on the case after opening it, since I've seen plenty of listings with the bonus but without the sticker on the case.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:54 AM

Whoa, looks like the STC translation of the track list survived into this day and age! Unfortunately, it's a bit too literal in parts and a bit too liberal in others. Just some remarks on disc 2, taking the English in-game script and the manual into account (I'll not go into general things as the translation of デモ which is off on a lot more pages than just this one).
  • I'd translate the tracks with 時 as "When..."
  • 14: This dropped the 表の. The game uses 光の世界 / Light World instead. I think it's perfectly fine to translate 地上 with "overworld" seeing how the manual translated it as such from Japanese to English. I'd either go with "Normal Overworld" or "First Overworld", or "Light World" if you want to be more liberal and closer to the game.
  • 20, 31: 店 marks a shop and you can drop it altogether in phrases like this: "Fortune-Teller" and "Guessing Game", or "The Fortune-Teller's" and "Guessing-Game House" if you want to make the 店 part clearer.
  • 22: Same as 14, the game calls it 闇の世界 / Dark World instead. Either "The Other Overworld" or "Second Overworld" or "Overworld on the Other Side", or "Dark World".
  • 23: Obviously in reference to 22 but I think the second の was meant to be a と here as the track plays in two unconnected locations that the game calls デスマウンテン / Death Mountain and ドクロの森 / Skull Woods. There is no mountain forest in the game. Either "The Other Mountain and Forest" or "Mountain and Forest on the Other Side" or "Dark World Mountain and Forest" or "Death Mountain and Skull Woods".
  • 25: TIM-SFC02 calls the track 神殿 ダンジョン with a space, meaning it would be something like "Shinden: Danjon" or "Shinden / Danjon" with English punctuation. Either way, 神殿 is not "sanctuary" as evidenced by track 27. The series usually translates 神殿 as "temple" but A Link to the Past opts for something different: 東の神殿 / East Palace, ヤミの神殿 / Dark Palace etc. So it's either "Temple Dungeon", or "Palace Dungeon" if you want to adhere to the English version.
  • 27: The Japanese version uses 教会 ("Church") and the English version uses "Sanctuary" (hence the confusion with the current translation for track 25).
  • 30: Same as before, only this time "other" and "second" don't really work. Either "Dungeon on the Other Side" or "Dark World Dungeon".
  • 34: The game calls her "Faerie", I'd keep "The Goddess Appears".
  • 35, 36: The Japanese version uses 司祭 ("Priest") and the English version uses "Wizard".

Edit: It should be noted that the 2013 sequel A Link Between Worlds still keeps the terms from A Link to the Past's English translation, so these might be the best choice here.

Last edited by zierts; Jul 23, 2022 at 07:58 AM.