VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 24, 2015, 04:00 PM
Trusted Editor

Default KICA-42: YOROIDEN·SAMURAI TROOPERS MESSAGE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK

I added the cassette print for this album (found the price on Suruga-ya and Anison generation) + some scans for the 2 prints.
Maybe it would be better to write in the notes that the CD print comes with a box.
Old May 25, 2015, 08:25 PM
Trusted Editor

I forgot to tell that, but on several websites, they call rather the album: "Yoroiden Samurai Troopers Hana". So Hana (Flower in english) for "花".
So "Message" is the name of the OAV, and "Hana", the name of the album.
Plus the CD box has a lot of flowers everywhere.

And i add, during the release of the OAV Yoroiden Samurai Message, they printed 4 CDs in 1991: Hana (KICA-42, the OST for OAV Message), Tori (KICA-43, piano reinterpretation), Kaze (KICA-44, a song album) and Tsuki (KICA-45, a drama CD). These 4 CDs are connected.

So I think it would be appropriate to put the other title "Hana" in the fourth line on the album page, no?

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 25, 2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old May 27, 2015, 01:30 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post

And i add, during the release of the OAV Yoroiden Samurai Message, they printed 4 CDs in 1991: Hana (KICA-42, the OST for OAV Message), Tori (KICA-43, piano reinterpretation), Kaze (KICA-44, a song album) and Tsuki (KICA-45, a drama CD). These 4 CDs are connected.
Yes, they are "connected" like you say; if you read all 4 kanji together it makes a new word (more like a proverb): "kachoufuugetsu" (花鳥風月). Most common western translation would be "experience the beauties of nature, and in doing so learn about yourself." I'm not fan of the 2nd part of translation but, well, why not...

Also, if you bought the 4 CDs + the SCD, you could get a 3 pictures calendar when sending back the application card...
Old May 27, 2015, 11:30 PM
Trusted Editor

Thanks for the information, Daemonskald
On Wikia they say too that these CDs form part of the memorial theme that is central to Message OAV.