VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 25, 2009, 01:45 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Would anybody be able to compile a complete list of composers for each track?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:02 AM

I already did here based on game credits and conversions of the pseudonyms. Pretty sure S. Terashima's full name has never been found though correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 03:12 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

"Souji" Taro Kudou who composed for Super Castlevania IV is not the same as Sotaro Tojima who worked on Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (which is attributed to Yamane there). Some of the credits are correct, but it's still faulty. It needs to be double checked.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 02:45 AM

Well spotted on Taro Kudo. That was based on a bunch of erroneous information that originated from somewhere so I'll clear that up. The attribution to Circle of the Moon is based on reprises and one of those come from Yamane's Bloodlines. Hiroshi Mitsuoka and Sotaro Tojima created three new compositions each for that game and none of them were reused in the anniversary album.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 03:03 AM

Are the Portrait of Ruin tracks in this album, all from the Game version, or from the Original version?
Old Mar 25, 2010, 01:58 PM

I think it's the Original Version if I'm not mistaken.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

The PoR tracks here are the arranged/"original sound" versions. They are not the in-game versions.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 08:34 PM

It's pretty wild that you need to hunt down this obscure bonus CD to hear the original sound version of "Jail of Jewels" in its entirety (on the OST it stupidly fades out just after the halfway mark).
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertDankMemeHere View Post
It's pretty wild that you need to hunt down this obscure bonus CD to hear the original sound version of "Jail of Jewels" in its entirety (on the OST it stupidly fades out just after the halfway mark).
I never would have caught that detail on my own. That is downright weird.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:05 PM

The note about the spelling mistake in the track titles cracks me up. There's actually much more but it's probably too inane to include in the note field:

Track 7 is missing an em dash after "BEGINNING" and omits the rest of the KICA-1005 title after "BOSS". Castlevania: The Adventure is mistakenly called The Castlevania Adventure (but who's to blame them with that ambiguous logo? ReBirth hadn't been out yet). Disregarding some track titles and punctuations changed from earlier releases as well as some wonky translations ("Sign of Blood Pulse"?), this is the only official album ever to correct the spelling mistake in "Battle of the Holly" if you can believe that.