VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:00 AM
VGMdb Advisor

In Yakuza 3, Yoshio Tsuru worked on the track "Fish On!".
In Yakuza 4, YOSHITSURU did "Fish On! ver.2" and others, composed in a similar style.

Surely they are the same guy, but there is no real info about about them. I'm not sure if we should link them or wait and see.

金谷 裕一 I think could be "Yuichi Kanatani" who is apparently a minor composer that is only credited in romaji, but I can't find any leads.
EDIT: searching in JASRAC his kanji name comes for some songs that were credited as "Yuichi Kanatani", so that's probably him.

井関 隆 I don't really know. "Takashi Iseki"?

Last edited by Dag; Jun 9, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Game credits!

井関 隆 = Takashi Izeki (5:04)

bonus reading for vol. 2: 興野 亮平 = Ryohei Okino (3:05, apparently a Sega guy?)

Also, we settled Yuichi Kanatani, but just in case anyone had lingering doubts, his name is in the same section as Okino's.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention that "YOSHITSURU" is credited as part of "MIT GATHERING Co., Ltd." in the game, and wouldn't you know it Yoshio Tsuru is part of them. The mysterious "EIJI" in volume 2 is credited in the game with MIT GATHERING too, so unless they have more music staff than they list on that page (which is certainly a possibility), that'd make him Eiji Kawai.

ANOTHER EDIT: Yup, it's Eiji Kawai.

Last edited by CHz; Nov 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:37 PM

The game credits Yoshio Iwamoto (Motch_Sax on Twitter) as an additional musician on Sax and is the one who plays the Alto & Tenor Sax on Vol. 1, Track 13 "Spicy Brass Squad". Mitsuharu Fukuyama arranged it and has played as a guest musician with him in the band "Quasimode."

His Twitter reveals: "【龍が如く4】サントラvol.1の13曲目「Spicy Brass Squad」アルト (Alto) とテナー (Tenor) 吹いてます."

Last edited by XISMZERO; Jun 10, 2012 at 04:50 PM.