VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 13, 2018, 06:23 PM

Default RuneScape: Original Soundtrack Classics

Just got mine in the mail and I'll be the first to say the sleeve case is just 'terrible'. You end up smudging your prints all over the disc just to pull it out and even that is a hassle. You almost need a set of pliers to pull a disc. Case material is very flimsy and low quality.

Knowing this is a collector's buy, why would they opt to distribute this casing? Should have went with a digipack or minimally a cheap ass jewel case.

missed opportunity...
Old Dec 14, 2018, 06:01 PM

As i've listened to this OST release through both Spotify and YouTube, I can comment that a couple tracks appear to be slightly different on this release than how they appear in game. Altar Ego has about 30 seconds cut off from the end of the song (it prematurely quickly fades out), and Castle Wars is a unique version that to my knowledge has never been used in any build of RuneScape over the years. It uses most instruments from the '06 OSRS version, but has a choir similar to the 2010 version and a unique instrument not used in any of them. Weird.