VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 31, 2013, 06:28 AM

Default Oh %*#&...I sold it: VGM albums you regret selling.

Title says it all. I've gone through periods of selling albums to finance the purchase of newer ones, as well as simply unloading ones I no longer find enjoyable. But it happens...seller's remorse.

Goldfish Blunder #1 - Sold Super Mario RPG OSV. I listed this for a higher price than I thought anyone would pay for it. 15 minutes later, I see an email from someone wanting to buy it. Probably highly unlikely I'll own this one again unless I pay close to 3x what I sold it for.

Goldfish Blunder #2 - Chrono Cross OST. I went through a period where Mitsuda just annoyed me and I have never liked the game. So I purged this one awhile back, then over the 10 years or so since, it's become a listening staple. Should be pretty easy to re-add, just haven't gotten around to it.

Goldfish Blunder #3 - Mystic Ark OST. Still wondering why I ever sold this one. I must have been going through a phase where I demanded that I should like every track and this one loses steam on the second disc a bit. But the good stuff is amazing. Much like Mario RPG, would cost close to 3x what I sold it for to re-acquire.

Goldfish Blunder #4 and #5 - Xexex and Pop'N Twinbee Graffiti. Ever go looking for a soundtrack and then you realize you had purged it awhile back? Can't call either release essential, but there was stuff on both I've wanted to go back to. In the case of Twinbee, I had a Sonmay bootleg that I threw away once I got the originial. So double-blunder there. :/

Goldfish Blunder #6 - Final Fantasy V Dear Friends. It was a bootleg, sure, but re-listening to it, was worth more than what I got for it (like 50 cents trade-in!) Best FF-related arrange album to my ears, even with the absence of battle themes. Oh well, might be a good enough excuse to pick up an original.

Goldfish Blunder #7 - Final Fantasy X OST. Impossible to listen to straight through and PS2-era Uematsu, Nakano and Hamauzu are far from my favorite composers, but I miss having this one. I think there are a lot of tracks that demand re-listening.

Goldfish Blunder #8 - Zuntata 1997 Cineteque Rave - Zuntata live is awesome, but apparently I didn't think so 13 years ago. I wisely re-bought this one recently.
Old May 31, 2013, 07:58 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Alundra OGS
Ar tonelico hymmnos albums (the first game's red and blue albums)
Chrono Cross OST
Falcom Special Box '92
Livealive OSV (fortunately I bought the reprint and now it's okay!)
Star Ocean: The Second Story OST
Tales of Destiny OST

There's also a pile of CDs I'm about to sell, that I'm reluctant to sell ... but, priorities priorities. We'll see how I feel about it a few years down the road.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 06:44 AM
Trusted Editor

Never sell anything (unless I replace it with a box set)!
Old Jun 1, 2013, 02:26 PM

Despite currently being dirt-poor and jobless, I've never sold any vgm precisely because I'm afraid of seller's remorse. Even with things I don't really enjoy, it's been proven that there'll be that one time I want to listen to it and want to explore every track but have (possibly all) tracks missing from my iTunes library and snarl, "Well I COULD listen to the whole CD like I want if I hadn't sold it..."