VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:05 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Hey check it out, scans! And these ones aren't watermarked like lame-o Bad River scans on the original!

Note page 21-22 scan says "Angels" in the bottom-right. I think, despite a decade-long translation that has suggested "Fairies" for that kanji, they may have meant "Angels." The equivalent on the monsters disc says as much in the exact same spot.

I think people will get a kick out of the silly tracklist, silly creatures, silly everything, in these packaging scans. Enjoy!

PS - I also added a scan of the case front because each of these albums has some weird sticky-layered thing on the front. Fairies gets circle, Monsters gets triangle. Can only be seen with the plastic jewel case.

Last edited by Ramza; Jun 5, 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 01:33 PM

Interesting that they kept the unique jewel cases on the reprint. That's Japan for you I guess...
Old Dec 4, 2013, 01:02 PM

Not sure why the reprints of these albums have Vol. 1 / Vol. 2 in the title... can't find that anywhere on the album. It looks like someone fixed the names for the original albums but not the reprints, making this very confusing... unless I'm just not finding the Vol. text on these albums.

Also, I don't get something: why are we translating some things and not others? Obviously I get not translating a name, like Soukaigi. But we also don't translate shit like 究極音盤, which is not really a name. Kyuukyoku Onban is a thing, something like "ultimate disc". It's just describing the collection, it's not naming a game or something. We do it with 音楽編 too, Ongakuhen, which is "music collection". But then we're gonna translate 妖精図鑑 instead of just writing Yousei Zukan I mean, I think we should translate it in this case, but I also think we should translate the other stuff. I just don't see the good reason to do romaji of something *just because* it's kanji. Translate the kana but not the kanji... I don't get it.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 4, 2013 at 01:08 PM.