VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 5, 2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
PM replied to. I have a good feeling about this.
Unfortunately, turned out there wasn't anything new. Anyway, as always, anyone out there who thinks they have might have interesting S.S.H. info that I might not know about, don't hesitate to contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejl1987 View Post
Well,if you want more game arrangements, you can check the Hellion Sounds CDs.
I've been meaning to check the albums out in the past due to S.S.H.'s possible/confirmed involvement but it kept getting delayed. I resolve to give them a thorough listen now and will post back here with my thoughts on them.

For now, and on a related note, I would like us all to refer back to a 2011 album: Utatemeguri Original Sound Track
http://vgmdb.net/album/18113

The problem with this album is the lack of precise artist credits. Which are S.S.H.'s? Unlike 2008's "Amatsukaze ~Kugutsu Jinpuchou~ Original Sound Track" (http://vgmdb.net/album/10760) which was also only had general composer credits but had S.S.H.'s contributions all bunched up, the S.S.H. songs on Utatemeguri appear to be spread out.

These are my candidates on this album:

Disc 2-08: 蠱業
A fairly down-tempo and subtle song, by S.S.H. standards anyway. I'd say the bass guitar is the defining point and reminds me of "Adventure E" from 2016's Koihime Enbu.

Disc 2-14: 荒神
Need I explain this one? If you look up Saitama Saisyu Heiki in an electronic dictionary, you might be like "how do I pronounce the word Saitama Saisyu Heiki?". Then you click on the audio sample and instead of a robotic voice pronouncing the word, you get this song playing at full blast and waking up the neighbours. tl;dr this song defines "S.S.H."

Disc 2-17: KSHATRIYA
S.S.H. newbies might find the electronic vocals strange or "un-S.S.H." but veterans should know he isn't a stranger to incorporating fake vocals in his works (e.g. "Faraway"). The guitar solo at 2:20 should erase all doubts however.

The above three tracks are the only ones on the soundtrack 6+ minutes in length (excluding Disc 1 Track 1) and are the 4th longest, 3rd longest, and 2nd longest tracks respectively. S.S.H. going for duration on this OST?

S.S.H. veterans should also know that S.S.H. isn't a stranger to dabbling in other genres so I wouldn't completely rule out any of the other tracks just yet.