VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I was rooting through the archives of the Data East sound team homepage when I came across this page listing some members of Gamadelic over the years. Of interest is that a few of their profiles have Data East e-mail addresses that include their real names: MARO eventually has yoshida@dataeast-corp.co.jp, and Koremasa has de-sound02.iwasaki@nifty.ne.jp. SIN's e-mail address is de-sound03.yamazaki@nifty.ne.jp, but I haven't the foggiest who that could be.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So JASRAC has the soundtrack to Doukoku Soshite... registered to a person named 山崎 慎一. This name is readable as Shinichi Yamazaki, which would fit both that old e-mail address and his pen name of SIN.

Someone with the same name was part of TWOFIVE, doing sound design for Grandia Xtreme (Japanese, English).
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

On the Shinichi Yamazaki watch, someone with the same name worked in the sound department on a few Saurus games: Quiz King of Fighters, the Genesis port of Samurai Shodown, and Ironclad (and Ragnagard?). His name kanji appears in the ending of Ironclad and it's the same as the other two, 山崎慎一.

I assume the Saurus, Data East, and TWOFIVE guys are all the same person, with his career path going in that order (SIN joined Data East in 1996 according to the old Gamadelic history page), but they're all a bit mysterious so I'm not 100% sure. The best evidence I have tying them together is that the Saurus Yamazaki is credited in Quiz King of Fighters as "Sin Chan."

There's also a Shinichi Yamazaki who was apparently part of Dice: http://www.geocities.jp/bgrtype/gsl/...allychamp.html. Only game I've found him in.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 04:19 PM
VGMdb Advisor

vndb claims that Shinichi Yamazaki, as pseudonym SIN, is credited for not just Doukoku Soshite and REVIVE, but also vocals for Narcissu 2nd in 2007 and the vocal theme "Mermaid" for the game Saiin Choukyou.

https://vndb.org/v12941

Do we want to go ahead and identify SIN as Shinichi Yamazaki on his profile page?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 04:52 PM
VGMdb Administrator

vndb is wrong about narcissu 2nd, that's this sin.

I suspect they're wrong about Saiin Choukyou as well, that sin seems to be a vocalist associated with Sound mate project (whatever that is).