VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 18, 2013, 01:02 AM

Default WM-0703~6: SEGA SG-1000 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

I'm confused... was this only available for an extremely limited time? I'm not even seeing it for sale on the official site...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:32 AM

A megadrive compilation is out in july... a spiritual successor of this one I guess?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:31 PM

This is still in print and available thru many retailers, super potato & amazon.co.jp for example.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 01:08 PM

Who is Hideo Kume?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 04:39 PM
Trusted Editor

Apparently a very early Sega sound designer.
Old May 8, 2016, 06:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Updated with incomplete credits from Yosuke Okunari's comments in the booklet. All the artist info currently in the notes comes from there except for Star Jacker (for which we have arcade credits apparently) and Out Run (Okunari doesn't name anyone for some reason, but we know who did this from the box set).

Enjoy the new info, Sega nerds!
Old May 9, 2016, 12:36 AM

The new info is very interesting. Never realised Nakabayashi joined in 1984, nor the fact Kawaguchi worked on a SMS game. Too bad there isn't a composer breakdown for Girl's Garden, which I'm surprised has two composers, especially given how small the game is.

Also, I've added Uwabo and Naka as arrangers, due to porting (I guess this counts as arranging) the music to SMS.
Old May 9, 2016, 12:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm not certain if Okunari intended a rigorous difference between the two or is just being loose and describing the general process of porting music in different ways, but he uses different words for "arrangement" (編曲) and "porting"/"conversion" (移植). This isn't the only Sega album I've seen it done; the Out Run and After Burner boxes also distinguish between the two, in English no less.

To respect the difference in wording, on all three of these albums I ended up linking the people explicitly credited with arrangement as arrangers, but the porters as just programmers. So that's why I didn't have Uwabo & Naka in the arrangement field. The album does still show up in both of their discographies for programming (and composition in Uwabo's case, of course).

Last edited by CHz; May 9, 2016 at 01:26 AM. Reason: just realized I mistyped idou instead of ishoku whoops
Old Oct 23, 2020, 05:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

Kazuhiko Nagai just uploaded a video of the SDI DEMO tune. I asked him about it, and he says he remembers porting it. Seems it's probably the only track from the game he worked on.
Quote:
I remember porting it. When I checked it with this software / plug-in, I remembered the song I made.

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Oct 23, 2020 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Added quote from Nagai