VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 7, 2008, 06:01 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Does anyone know where this album comes from? While it does look legitimate, I'm still not convinced it is and I wonder if it might not be a game rip.

Also, I have the same question about this album as well: 007 From Russia With Love - Original Score
Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:44 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

TO be honest, i have myself always wondered if they are existing or not..
Here are the sources for both albums:

gun source 1

007 source 1
007 source 2

Maybe they were released only for reviewers (like some "albums?" from music 4 games), i don't know.

Last edited by Myrkul; Oct 7, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:01 PM

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just found this album on ebay and it certainly looks legit.

The CD has the "holographic" stamp of the album name on the inner ring. That I know of, this can only be done on a actual press.

I'm putting together several CDs for which I need to upload scans and this is one of them.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich King View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just found this album on ebay and it certainly looks legit.

The CD has the "holographic" stamp of the album name on the inner ring. That I know of, this can only be done on a actual press.

I'm putting together several CDs for which I need to upload scans and this is one of them.
I've seen bootleg CDs that have that. That's not enough to determine an item's "legitimacy", I'm afraid.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:27 AM

Well, in theory, just about the only way to "determine" a CD's legitimacy is to have the actual composer/artist hand it to you personally, since apparently any other identifying marks can be duplicated by a bootlegger and buying it from a "reputable" store means little also, because a buddy of mine that's a Beattles freak purchased not 1, but 2 bootleg vinyls from Tower Records and my brother bought a Led Zeppelin bootleg CD from Wherehouse Records. Both stores were a little red-faced when this was brought to their attention. Would've been interesting to find out how these items slipped into inventory.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 04:38 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Someone (thanks teva) uploaded a complete set of scan for this album.

Matter is.. I see the date 2014 all around the scans, so this must be a new print, the front cover is also quite different. It's still promotional.

It would be cool if Lich King of an another owner of the 2005 disc can confirm it's different (and provide scans too maybe).
Old Sep 27, 2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Someone (thanks teva) uploaded a complete set of scan for this album.

Matter is.. I see the date 2014 all around the scans, so this must be a new print, the front cover is also quite different. It's still promotional.
Indeed, I got this 2014 new print from Mark Banning and still for promotional use...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 04:12 PM

Actually, my disc is the same as teva's.