VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 21, 2015, 09:12 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Default Hotline Miami II EP

I know it's silly, but the [Limited Edition] should be used only if there is a normal edition too.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:43 AM
VGMdb Staff

That thing is simply unsustainable in all possible situations, e.g. none of these three Ghibli vinyls should be marked as LE (but they really are LE).

If anything, the database should consider a bit more what the publisher/label specifies too (and not to strive to always "correct" them imho).
Old May 21, 2015, 06:21 PM

Yeah so I'm not exactly sure when to use it. Here, let me add more oil to the fire!
Uncharted 3 OST is not marked as LE, but considered LE by the publisher (LALA Records), it even has words 'LE" printed in the printing material = Tray.

I guess we could look at it as digital version being a regular edition of the OST, and 2 CD being a Limited Edition of the OST.

But yeah, it's a bit mishy-mashy uncertain.

Uncertainty over database features at vgmdb... If only I had a brick thrown at me every time that happens.. I'd be a rich man!

EDIT: Actually that applies to this album too - we could look at digital (iTunes for example) being a regular edition while CD is limited, and since this entry is for the CD then that makes it a Limited Edition.

Oh! Actually that's a fabulous genius idea for the future of music in general (holy shit I'm a genius!) - they should make everything digital. But for those who are hardcore enough, they can buy stuff in physical form. Same content (same number of tracks and whatever), only difference is that it's physical, and the print is limited.
Holy hell I've just foreseen the future! This is exactly how it's gonna be.

Last edited by MiLO; May 21, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 09:19 PM

Hm I think this release might be better classified as Unused/Prototype. Not exactly sure, but I don't recall music from this album being present in the game.
And it did come out well ahead 10 months before the game, so... maybe just a promo music used in trailers or so.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 03:55 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I found a french interview of the guy, and he says the music is only for an "imaginative" hotline miami 2 game.
(the guy was inspired by 80's music and he liked the first game)

The music and the guy himself have nothing to do with the actual hotline miami 2 game and that album should not be here.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 02:29 PM

Hm intehrezzz-ting. But (there's always a "but") don't we have other Inspired By albums in database.
From top of my head I think some Sonic albums and what not. And there are gotta be others. Just type in words "inspired by" in search engine.