VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 10, 2021, 05:43 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Notes added
@Mac_Tear

So, I've got a few notes that apply to all 10 of your new album submissions:

1. For artist linking, you can (and should) use the actual text for all roles, including the 4 we used to handle with the old artist fields. Most importantly, in all of these submissions, "Performer" should be "Vocals." We are slowly going back through and fixing all the old albums, but for new submissions, please do this.

2. You have added some artists in the draft who aren't in the scans you uploaded. For example, on this album: `Music Director: Oliver Wallace, Paul J. Smith`. Where does that info come from? That's what the "Comment" field is for. If you pulled info from a wiki page somewhere, include that link. Otherwise, it's not possible to verify that any of the info here is accurate.

3. Also, I am not sure where the title "Cinderella An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack", as it appears to just be "Cinderella Collector's Edition" on the front and back scans.

I think these are pretty good album submissions, but they just need these few things addressed. Pinging @Efendija on these, because he is our expert on Disney.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:48 PM

@Secret Squirrel

1. Yes, I'm still not familiar with this new system and @Efendija already gave me some tutorial and notes about it. I'm sorry for the trouble. Ah, and I wasn't sure about using Vocals or Performer (I guess I sticked to the old system).

2. That info came from the film's title sequence, where these credits are given in old Disney movies, also those for orchestrators and vocal arrangers, which may be not stated in the soundtrack's booklet. However, they are official, so I think there is no reason to not add them. I always rely on official resources, and not much on wiki pages. For Cinderella, it says "Musical Direction: Oliver Wallace, Paul J. Smith".

3. I saw a sealed copy of this soundtrack on Ebay when looking for prices, but I didn't upload it here. Below is the image.

Sadly, I do not own any of the soundtrack's booklets so I'm not able to add proper credits, which is printed at the booklet's end and have to rely on the credits on the back cover and the official film's credits. Same goes for the song credits. If anyone has these scans, feel free to add these. But thanks to the Legacy Collections, I took over these credits as they are basically reprints of the old soundtracks.

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Apr 11, 2021 at 12:00 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 08:51 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the extra info. I've added the photograph.