VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 3, 2020, 07:13 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Default Fox Junction

Ultra Healthy Video Game Nerd did a video review of the Playstation game Fox Junction. While he didn't care for the game, he rightfully praised its music, which was composed by Motohiro Kawashima, Ryuichi Iuchi, and Yuzo Koshiro. Unfortunately, there was never an official soundtrack released. However, there is a soundtrack rip up on YouTube. Yuzo Koshiro replied to Ultra Healthy Video Game Nerd's post about the video review and actually gave us a track by track breakdown of the game's music based on listening to the music in the YouTube video! This is pretty cool info to have as I'm sure it's not too common to get detailed breakdowns like this for games that never had a soundtrack release.

Composer credits are in the description of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC1oAuMOp1o

Link to the video review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci9V...ature=youtu.be

Link to Yuzo Koshiro's Tweet response:
https://twitter.com/yuzokoshiro/stat...13346818801665

Last edited by Chris Porter; May 3, 2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old May 3, 2020, 09:14 AM
VGMdb Staff

Wow, it's awesome that Koshiro gave a full breakdown. That kind of thing never happens. Also nice to know that this is primarily a Kawashima soundtrack.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 05:27 AM

Unfortunately the video with the music is down and was not archived, so I'm not sure I can match the credits above to the tracks in-game. There is a game rip out there with 21 tracks, but 21 is the ending song composed by Motoki Matsuoka (and 5 is the instrumental version) so I doubt this rip matches what was in the video. MP3: Digital New Generation Appendix CD has some tracks in the game, but since it's not available anywhere I'm not able to match any of the titles from it to the tracks in the games on it.

Tags
fox junction, motohiro kawashima, ryuji iuchi, yuzo koshiro