VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 3, 2023, 02:05 AM

Nice to have finally some credits from the original soundtrack, but why Capcom didn't make them available on recent digital releases ?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon2010 View Post
Nice to have finally some credits from the original soundtrack, but why Capcom didn't make them available on recent digital releases ?
Huh? I'm a bit tired right now, so, I'm probably missing something, but what do you mean they didn't make them available on recent digital releases? This is a digital release and Catalog ID, composition and arrangement information I've added to the album come from the files' tags found within the archive CAPCOM provided to those who bought the Collector's Edition (I'll take the chance to add that I needed to compress the Front image, the original filesize is around 15,1 MB), as a matter of fact, CAPCOM did provide credits.

EDIT:
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/872...t_309.png.html
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Apr 3, 2023 at 03:21 AM.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 07:31 AM

It's kind of frustrating that Capcom is sitting on the individual composer credits for RE4 (and probably also the RE1 remake) and all we get is breadcrumbs with this release. Then again, the original album was rather incomplete anyway. I think a lot of the cutscene music was missing.

Still, it's nice to know that Senbongi did "Serenity" and "Sorrow" and Uchiyama did "Save Theme", "Infiltration" and "The Drive". These are some of the most memorable tracks from the game.

Oh, and Suzuki did a great job arranging "The Drive". I love these Street Fighter 2-esque Japanese interpretations of musical styles from other cultures.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilef View Post
Huh? I'm a bit tired right now, so, I'm probably missing something, but what do you mean they didn't make them available on recent digital releases? This is a digital release and Catalog ID, composition and arrangement information I've added to the album come from the files' tags found within the archive CAPCOM provided to those who bought the Collector's Edition (I'll take the chance to add that I needed to compress the Front image, the original filesize is around 15,1 MB), as a matter of fact, CAPCOM did provide credits.

EDIT:
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/872...t_309.png.html
I was thinking about those entries when I first reply.

But they are not the only ones doing that.

EDIT: I do hope though they will do like RE:2, releasing the full soundtrack after the DLC pack. (RE7 get the treatment later through Sound Chronicle III, but not much for RE:3 and Village...)

Last edited by Eidolon2010; Apr 3, 2023 at 07:47 AM.