VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 31, 2011, 01:52 PM

Credits based on Youtube user DarkJoaki, who put up a lot of racing game OSTs and includes composition, arrangement and other miscellanious information in the descriptions.

Composition:
Tomonori Sawada (3)
Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (4~9, 12, 13, 18)
Kenichi Tokoi (10, 11)
Richard Jacques (14~17)

Arrangement:
Tomonori Sawada (3)
Richard Jacques (4, 5, 14~17)
Jun Senoue (6, 7, 12, 13)
Kenichi Tokoi (10, 11)

Track 18 is a medley of Let's Go Away, Sky High and The Kings of Speed featuring the lyrics of the B-univ album versions, with Mitsuyoshi doing all the vocals this time around.

Quite frankly, I agree with all of this.

Of course, tracks 1 and 2 were composed & arranged by Jun Senoue with Eric Martin on vocals, and I'd have to say that 19 and 20 were also composed and arranged by him. Tracks 8, 9 and 18 were most likely arranged by Jacques.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 31, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:09 PM

SEMO has had a detailed breakdown for a while. I'm guessing all of this information is in the booklet.

Link
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:12 PM

@Raizen1984

So it is.

The good news about this for me is that Sawada's arrangement of Sky High sounds exactly like Sky Sanctuary (and by extension Flying Battery and Act 1 Boss (S&K)) at points.

On a semi-related note, I also noticed the similarities between Drossin's Crystal Cave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux4Lo2Eomn0) and Hidden Palace Zone right at the start.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:52 AM
VGMdb Advisor

JASRAC confirms this:

Tomonori Sawada: 03, 08, 09
Kenichi Tokoi: 10, 11, 19
Jun Senoue: 06, 07, 12, 13, 20, 21
Richard Jaques: 04, 05, 14~17, 18

(I think there are copyright problems with 01 and 02, so they don't appear in JASRAC)

I've edited the notes to match closer that and SEMO's.
SEMO credited Senoue for 18, but JASRAC says it's Jaques's.
Without scans I think we should go the JASRAC credit.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:08 AM

@Dag
A little somethin' for ya.
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/07/...ts_go_away.php
Old Jul 10, 2023, 04:24 AM

The Richard Jacques credit for the DAYTONA USA Medley never sat right with me. The song has Jun Senoue's guitars, as well as the programmed drums he used at the time (also used in his Let's Go Away and Pounding Pavement arrangements, as well as other games such as Sonic Adventure).
Also, I sadly lost the link to this, but they played the Sky High part of the medley on Radio DC once, and credited Jun Senoue on the accompanying website. Either JASRAC incorrectly credits Richard Jacques, or Jun Senoue provided the individual arrangements, and Richard Jacques put them together into a medley. The former seems more likely to me.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris1110 View Post
The Richard Jacques credit for the DAYTONA USA Medley never sat right with me. The song has Jun Senoue's guitars, as well as the programmed drums he used at the time (also used in his Let's Go Away and Pounding Pavement arrangements, as well as other games such as Sonic Adventure).
Yeah I felt this too, it sounds very close to Senoue's other tracks in the game but credits Jacques, although I never thought deeply enough to figure it could be a miscredit. JASRAC can be quite slippery in terms of credits unfortunately, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBurger View Post
JASRAC can be quite slippery in terms of credits unfortunately, so yeah I wouldn't be surprised.
Also the fact Radio DC specifically credited Jun (I wish I could find the link to the (archived) site that had all the songs they played on the show listed). I'm more inclined to believe SEGA directly, rather than JASRAC.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 05:19 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Found a booklet pic on eBay, track 18 is in fact credited to Senoue with no Jacques involvement

Couldn't make out three names ("???" in the notes): front cover photography (John/Julie/Julia Hamill?), first name in thanks (Sandy ????), and thanks second page second line second name (Annie Wilson?)
Old Jul 11, 2023, 03:31 AM

Interesting how, even if a song is an arrangement, there is just a "Music" credit, which SEGA releases have often used to specifically indicate composition, not composition and/or arrangement.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:39 AM
VGMdb Staff

I fixed the Gary Cirimelli misreading and did some minimal checking of the other names,

I thought that "Annie Wilson" person might have been Alfred Nilsen, but he was usually credited as Al and had left SEGA of America 3 or 4 years before this album came out. It might still be a Nilson, it looks basically the same as Spencer Nilsen's credit, but I don't know of another Nilsen who was there.