VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Miscellaneous > Archives > Game Remixes Forum Archive 2009-2012
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:29 PM

Default VGMdb data dump received

A few people complained about the VGMdb data being out of date, so I asked Secret Squirrel for an update and I (belatedly) noticed that he was kind enough to send a complete dump of all the data. Tomorrow, I plan to spend a few hours updating the data.

This update will likely result in red text appearing for some remixes that states "this track was removed from the VGMdb database." If that happens, then a VGMdb contributor deleted the album or track and you need to select a new one.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:34 PM

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to accomplish this today. Everything is working except the album titles.

But it turns out that Chris or Secret Squirrel modified the VGMdb database to add alternate titles in the same field as the primary title. Since parsing these extra titles out cannot be done in SQL, I need to write procedural code to get only the English titles (at least for now). This will take a few extra hours.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:29 PM

This has been finished, and the latest data has been added. I'll add a feature to switch languages to the Japanese album names at some point in the future.

Thanks, SS!